1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trusted petrol pumps in Pune

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    I had a very bad experience at the BP pump next to the Khadki pump yesterday. I was returning to Mumbai and on the way fuel level became low. Hence thought of filling. Got in the first pump that I saw (after kadki railway station at the left) and when the attendant started filling it - the pump was dispensing it very very slow. Hence after filling diesel worth 199.41 he says he will start over again as there seems to be a problem to which I agreed. Again the same. the pump was dispensing it very very slow. He tells me that its because the pipe is choked up somewhere and hence the pump is working slow. On this I suggest him to stop but by then he had already filled in another 201.41 worth diesel. This means Rs 400 total. I paid and left to my onward journey to Mumbai. After few kilometers, I realised the fuel meter has not even gone up a cm. Which means the pump did not fill in anything in my car. The next pump was the Indian oil pump and there I did a tank full and to my surprise the person filled in 1559 worth fuel, which mean 1559 + 400 = 1959 at the price fo 40.70 / lts, which makes it 48 ltrs which also mean I was duped at the previous pump of Rs400. Since I did not have time to go back and fight, i returned to Mumbai.

Please don't fill fuel there as they are big time dupers.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per SIAM ( Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures) following are the fuel specifications.

Go to http://www.siamindia.com/scripts/Diesel.aspx

As per data from SIAM density of BS-III & BS-IV diesel should be between 820-845 kg/m3

Density must change as per rise & decrease in temp of fuel. & reading should not be less than 820

If the density is decreased then sure there is adulteration is there.

The density meter always shows this fixed reading. Means bunk owners are deceiving us.

Then it is crystal clear that bunk owners are looting us. :A
    I never saw a single bunk which is showing correct density. :A

friends see this image. I have taken photo of Dispensing machine of BP bunk.
    The Dispensing machine is showing density of fuel 800.3 kg/m3.

So its time to fight against adulteration. :punch[attachment=0:2e6dghlx]DSC00078.JPG[/attachment:2e6dghlx]

DSC00078.JPG
  3. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    You bet its time to fight - these guys are taking all of us for a ride and ever increasing prices unnecessary
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    2 good pumps besides Shell that I know off. From FC road you turn left on University road, if a few meters on the left.

Another one is BP pump opposite RTO.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ CountRock
    Iam not sure about BP bunk opp RTO . Because now that bunk is not being runned by COCO.

Now company handed over to private dealer.

I had cleaned fuel tank at BU Bhandari. BU filled his fuel. Car became smooth & responsive.

I went that BP bunk opp RTO. Filled diesel of Rs.1000/- & I :shocked

By filling fuel opp RTO, again my car started to give problem of power loss & low torque. :A
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Amol bhai,

since you constantly report that you are happy when the fuel is good, your problem has defenitly got to do with the fuel quality only. So stop experimenting and trying to straighten the dogs tail (state owned fuel stations ). You will destroy your car.
    I suggest you start filling at SHELL only.Its a difference of Rs.4/- per liter,but it is worth it.No hassles. I am doing that in Chennai nowadays. Engine performance has improved by leaps in all parameters .Ask Amogh ! :clap .

ABDUL
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @bhai
    why not ask BU Bhandari from where he gets the fuel from. You can then fill from that station only.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    In my city there is no SHELL.

2 COCO are there. One is 40 KM away from my home. But can't visit regularly due to busy schedule.

Another one is 100 KM away from my city. :thumbs down

@ vijay

I had asked the name of bunk from where BU brings fuel. But SA misgiuded me by telling the name of wrong bunk.

Now I have searched address of BU bunk. Next time I will visit & update the details.

In 16 month ownership, I have got good idea about recognising engine behaviour on bad fuel.

Without taking TD, I can tell the fuel quality by hearing engine note & firing.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Oooooooooh ! :hit :hit :hit :A :A

Today I filled 35 Ltrs on COCO bunk.

Aftet that pulling effect ( When we press throttle ,we can fill the existance of torque &
    we can feel the back-up effect to throttle paddle also) this effect gone.

Acceleration became dull. The acceleration time increased
    Acceleration of 70-80,80-90 & 90-100 became dull. :A

Turbo Whinning sound started.

OR

Is this due to ECU is confused because of change in fuel quality. ? :confused

Is there anybody who has experienced ? :anyone
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @bhai,

looks like you are having a problem with every fillilng :confused . I dont know if your problem is because you are too observant . Why dont you find out from the other Punto owners if they are also facing similar problems and also where they fill up. You can request TASS to give you the names of couple of Punto owners.
    I suggest that after you find a good bunk, you should relax and drive and forget about attending to each and every niggle , as there are many issues that crop up which may be temporary in nature and which will just go away. Just turn up the music and drive for a week. I am confident that your car will become alright :eek:

Abdul