1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip to wayanad from Bangalore..

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by samurai84, Dec 15, 2011.

1. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys... I am planning to make a trip to wayanad from Bangalore on 24th and 25th. Please suggest me the routes and things to be taken care for the travel....
  2. HI Samurai,

route: Bangalore ---NICE road---Mysore(get into the city and ask for airport road or ooty road) -----Nanjangudu----Gundlupet(2 roads come straight goes to OOTY and if you take Right on it goes Sultan Bathery via Bandipur National park) jungle road get closed by 6pm and open by 6 am.

make sure you take the below stuff with u :
    1. road side assistance booklet.
    2. all the liquid are top up.
    3. tyre pressure and extra tyre carry.

drive safe and enjoy
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank you Drive_drift :)

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

@Ravi... itz very usefull. Thank you..
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    For ooty side it used to be 9 PM - 6 AM until recently. Not sure if it has changed to 6 PM now. On 27th Nov I entered mudumalai around 7:30 pm and exited from Bandipur at 9:30 pm
  6. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    @Shams:- I am planning to leave bangalore by 5.30 AM and return from wayanad at 3 PM. so there won't be any problem at Bandipur forest entrance right?
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I usually take the state highway (mysore road) till mysore, take the ooty road and take a diversion towards nanjangud and reach gundlupet. From there take diversion after the Gundlupet police station towards right which head towards Wayanad.

Starting back at 3 p.m shouldn't be a problem.
  8. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks clash81 :)
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Not sure if you have decided your itinery. We covered the following in a day (started early) in the below order

1. Waterfalls (do not remember the name)
    2. Eddekel Caves
    3. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary (had to hire a separate Jeep)

We had stayed at Woodlands Hotel which was good but a bit on the costly side
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    -soochipara and meenmutti are the 2 waterfalls in wayanad. you ll have to walk a lot to reach them.
    4. chembra peak is also a nice place if you don't mind walking some distance.