1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip to Sonda-->Gokarna-->Ramachandrapura->Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jun 15, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Dandeli roads are pathetic .. Really horrible..
    If you do end up going to dandeli (via NH-4A) then make sure you pass that stretch in daytime..

Bangalore -> Sonda (NH-7)
    Roads are stupendous. very very good road up to sirsi from there I'm not too sure till sonda. But its manageable with you're upgraded GC for sure ;-)

Sonda -> Gokarna
    Fastest way is to come back to 'Sirsi' and take kumta-sirsi road
    to my best knowledge roads are good.

Ramachandrapura -> NO IDEA

Karwar -> Goa ( Roads should be good, i went in december '11) no issues here.

Goa -> Bangalore
    NOTE :: after you reach panjim you will find a LEFT turn pointing to bangalore , the highway number is NH-4A/NH-78, WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT TAKE THAT ROUTE.
    NH-4A will take you inside Dandeli forest and you will reach Belgaum by-pass and then reach hubli there after..
    Roads are nasty to say the least

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Go to "Tilmathi Beach" ..
    Its India's few few BLACK SAND Beach
    1 person likes this.
  2. Please don't apologize for it even internet also is one way to get knowledge.
  3. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Linea 1.3
    I travelled through the Gokarna - Goa section when I travelled from Indore - Pune - Kollur - Murudeshwar/Honnavar - Gokarna - Madgaon and back this earlier this year.
    The road condition on the Gokarna - Karwar - Madgaon stretch was OK. No major concerns for a Fiat. Drive safe and watch out for vehicles in the blind turns.

Sonda - Ramachandrapur no idea. If you have a choice, take the Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola/Gokarna road to get to the coastal region. It is much better that the Sirsi - Kumta road.
    Consider visiting Murudeshwar as well. Do not miss the "OM beach" in Gokarna.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

I recently did Dandeli from hyderabad (a month ago). Took this route Hubli >> Dharwad >>> Haliyal >>> Dandeli. Roads are pretty OK but not very comfortable for night driving for sure. Rough patches for atleast 20 kms, no potholes at all but road is worn out. I discovered new noises from near the steering/Speedo assembly (Kind of like springs moving voilently) on this route. Unable to reproduce it back here at TASS in hyderabad to get it fixed.

I should probably take the SA for a weekend trip to Dandeli with me to demonstrate the noise. :D

About Dandeli, from what i understood, there are only 2 resorts near this Ganesh gudi area and the Bison River one looked more organised for sure. We stayed there for about 24 hrs, Afternoon to afternoon. Rooms are pretty decent. Food was Ok considering we were in the middle of a jungle.

No white water rafting when we were there due to lack of water flow from the Supa dam. You could do some kayaking, boat rides and have some fun in the water, thats it. Apart from that there is a jungle safari. You could got to the Safari entrance yourself, about 12 kms drive from the resort or the resort guys will take you there for a fee. (Roads are rough here again). Then again the Safari is Forest department operated and charges 400/head for a 1-1.5 hr jeep ride. Didn't get to see many wild things, a fox, a peacock and a few deers.
    1 person likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

In Goa, if you want happening place then stay in South Goa somewhere on Calangute - Baga road. Colonia Santa Maria is a good place right on the beach. I stayed there 3 Times.

Hotel Fidalgo in Panjim is like ahome to me where I stayed while on a business assignment. Good place to stay with all kinds of food options but its more like a business destination.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Thanks to all. I am starting tomorrow early morning will put up a travelogue asap.
    Please pour in suggestions of places to visit if you know, i like quite clam places with natural beauty do not prefer crowded places.
  7. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

All the best Sat!! Do keep posting!! happy punto-ing!! :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

Just consider of visiting palolim beach in south goa. No need to separately go from goa. You can club it either with onward or with return journey.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

Goa whether update

Today it was raining continuously from morning. Last few days it was drizzling. You can expect heavy/continuous rain for next days.
    Drive slowly because the NH 66 is very dangerous during rainy days.

If you are coming via Hubli then best place to eat will be Kamat Upchar The following TBHP link is a ultimate road guide. All most all the main roads and diversions are posted there. The Road To the Sea. Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore. Again! - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  10. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Bangalore -> Sonda (NH-7)?
    I suppose it is a typo. It should be Bangalore -> Sonda via Haaveri (NH-4). :p