1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip to Chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Joseph, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thats very much possible. When I drove from Kanyakumari to Chennai. My average speed shown on the MID after I reached Madurai was 97 KMPH.
  2. :) ..Srini .. It is very much possible . We have to low gear only @ toll gate .. I started at 3 am morning .and Few times i touched 180 too ..

Only issue will be mileage which we have to compromise when we travel above 150kmph ..

Ajit
  3. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Trivandrum
    98ks average speed!! Awesome. Shows the quality of the MJD as well. Driving flat out 6 hours maintaining and average near to 100 ks.

Cheers
    Bejoy
  4. Sathya_Schumi , Now that is fast :)

Ajit
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Super Speed Sathya is indeed very apt :).
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You are super speed square then!

The way that corolla vanished yesterday is still in my mind. Yes, Linea didn't sound underpowerd that day.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Pls dont call me speed sathya before my Gurus.. I mean Ramesh and Teky.. They taught me how to drive fast.. Remember .. "Ek gaun me yek kissan raghu thatha..":D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  8. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Trivandrum
    Finally completed the trip of around 1500 kilometers in total covering Chennai, Velankanni, Thanjavur, Madurai. The best part of the journey was my FIAT GP. Awesome in all kinds of roads, from 4 laners to village roads.
  9. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Trivandrum
    I had initially planned the route via Thenmala and Senkotai but decided against it as I havent had much time for that. So took the route via Tiruneleveli, Madurai in NH-7. I had bought a GPS mapmyindia before the trip and it was good in navigation, I wont say excellent. On Friday 9th morning 4.15 A M I set my destination in the GPS and was out on the roads heading towards Chennai from Trivandrum. Nagercoil came around in about an hour and a half, I was slowed down by the the high beams, especially those of trucks and no one was bothered to dip their headlamps even after I flashed at them quite vigorously. From Nagercoil took left to Arulvaimozhi , Thovala and finally came NH 44 and I took one of the service roads and carefully entered onto the highway with my indicators on. Four laned roads separated by a median. Not much traffic and the GP was ready to go on the loose. The Punto easily carried onto 120-130 ks without trying much as the heavy torque was pulling the car forward from third gear onwards. I comfortably maintained these speeds and handling the curves is where my Punto scored as I could maitain 120s even on the curves. Overtaking was quite effortless apart from some slow moving vehicles conquering the fast lane and lorries overtaking another slow lorry or bus. I reached near Madurai around 8 .15 AM and from there the highway was not as good as the one before but in another half an hour drive I got the four laners once again. I was maintaing my speed and in the process overook a Type 2 Honda City who did not take that too well. He followed me and started overtaking me from my left. I wasnt in no mood to surrender as well and wanted to see what my GP could do. I just pressed on the pedal and the GP roared to 150 and the honda city couldnt catch up. I kept on going 140 and 150 by then and by now the Honda city had accepted his defeat and was left behind. My fuel was getting to half tank and I stopped at an Indian Oil pump and got my GP filled up till cut off. The rest of journey was quite comfortable apart from the frequent Toll Plazas, but the good roads filled my heart and I was loving every moment of the drive in my GP. He was returning an average of 18.7 kmpl by then when I checked the Menu and that was quite good considering the speeds I was driving. Just before Trichy the road was blocked and we had to deviate a little as there had been a mishap probably a lorry overturned from what I could see. Hope it wasnt serious. Reached Chennai, Tambaram to be exact by 1 PM and had lunch from Chettinadu restaurant there. Met my brother who works inside the MEPZ campus and from there left to Mylapore where I had made my booking in New Woodlands Hotel. Will fill in with rest of journey details and also will post some pics I could click in between as well.

Thanks
    Joseph Bejoy
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Looks like Linea and Punto has special affinity for Chennai Kings.
    Satya, couldn't believe that your fastest score has come from MJD instead of Tjet. My MID has seen only half of your average speed.