1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

trip to bandhavgarh..

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,
    I am planning to make a trip to bandhavgarh in the last week of April...

was wondering if any of our memebers have been there and can provide me with ome handy contacts(hotels,reservations)... as well as the much required reviews.

also any kind of suggestions,advice is welcome

thanks in advance
  2. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Sanjeev,
    I Visited bhandavgarh in 2007. Hotel was Whispering Grass .
    BTW by which mode are you planning to go ?
    If you are going by Train .. Take Gorakhpur Express to SATNA from there it is hardly 110 KM . Route is decent.
    At that time one of employee of Birla Group (REWA) helped to find accomadation. Now i dont have any contacts with them.
    Any how you can contact Whispering Grass-07627-265378.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  3. thanks shashank ji..
    i am planning to go by road ... driving my own punto:dancing
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thts great sanjeev...then you can plan for Kanha also..Sherji ka darshan jaroor hoga :)
  5. ya actually i am in abit of confusion...
    i have only 7 days to do this so u guess i have to do anyone among kanha & bandavgadh...

and i guess bandhavgadh will me more prone to sightings then kanha considering kanha is very big...

lets hope and see whats in store..
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Bandhavgargh has the highest tiger density in the country. So it may be a better location for tiger sitings, though Kanha is a legendary tiger reserve. See if you can visit Amarkantak as well. Its close by and very beautiful.
  7. @abk1980 it seems you have already been there...
    can you pls share some experience ??
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    I have planned for it numerous times, but never made it there yet. :(
    Will drive there hopefully in the next year or so.
  9. can anyone thrwo some light on the condition of NH -7 which connects nagpur to bandhavgadh via jabalpur..

i read in some other forums that road condition from jabalpur towards katni is very bad...
  10. Well my travelling dates are nearing..
    i will be leaving on 28th April evening for Nashik..will stay there and then on 29th Morning will leave for Nagpur..
    Will stay in Nagpur on 29th and then on 30th morning i will leave for Bgardh.

I have knowingly scheduled this ride in a much relaxed way coz of one more family along with me.
    i wanted some information on good hotels in Nashik and Nagpur...
    Internet surfing is leading me nowhere since everything seems ok on their sites but the real story is something different as i am seeing in the reviews in Tripadvisor.
    So pls can anyone suggest me some good guesthouses/hotels in Nashik and Nagpur...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.