1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip to Bandhavgadh-Land of Tigers

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by sanjeev, May 9, 2012.

1. The trip has been completed successfully ..i will be uploading a travelogue shortly..till then enjoy some pics summarising the whole trip.. DSC01158.jpg 2012-05-05 19.41.02.jpg 2012-05-05 19.42.53.jpg DSC00445.jpg DSC00446.jpg DSC00588.jpg DSC00723.jpg DSC00805.jpg DSC01156.jpg

Regards
    Sanjeev
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
    11 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice pics !
    So what represents you 'a tiger' or 'a elephant' ::D
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Wonderful pictures.
  4. Thanks @ ganges & sungoa2010..actually i wanted to post the pic of tiger after punto but the sequence got disturbed..:)
    I really had a avery nice and fulffiling trip...saw close to 10 tigers in 3 safaris...
    what more i could ask for...
    There are more photos to come..
  5. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Wow! u really r lucky!! :)
  6. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    So you had a successful trip! :)
    Awaiting the travelogue. Would love to do this myself.
  7. The Planning:
    Mid Jan-2012:</SPAN></SPAN>
    It had been ages I took a break from the grind of life in Mumbai….Mumbai a city which has given me so much to adore but with equal amount of stress…With 6 days a week in office one can understand and pity my situation… I have personally felt that here I or maybe the whole city is always in a hurry and hassle even when not doing anything substantial… but this is another topic to discuss… </SPAN></SPAN>

So on an afternoon in office trying hard not to dodge off by constantly sipping hot coffee I decided that I need to take a break…. And this time it has to be a drive in my Punto 90HP to “BandhavGadh”- The land of Tigers… </SPAN></SPAN>

I very well remember my first visit to Nandankanan Zoo in Bhubaneswar, Odisha during my childhood times and the mighty presence of the Royal Bengal Tiger inside the cage…</SPAN></SPAN>
    The way it growled when irked by clanking the keys together got etched in my memory and from then on a desire to see the Tiger in Wild was pinned up on the list of my must dos…</SPAN></SPAN>

I called up my wife who was at work. She got equally excited by hearing the proposal and so it was decided that I will be making an itinerary in coming days and accordingly we will proceed further.</SPAN></SPAN>
    After hours of information gathering on internet about the place the itinerary was finally decided:</SPAN></SPAN>
    29[SUP]th[/SUP] April: Navi Mumbai to Nagpur-837 kms stay in Nagpur..</SPAN></SPAN>
    30[SUP]th[/SUP] April: Nagpur to Bandhavgarh-474 kms</SPAN></SPAN>
    1[SUP]st[/SUP]&2[SUP]nd[/SUP] May: Safaris</SPAN></SPAN>
    3[SUP]rd[/SUP] May: Drive back to Nagpur and visit Bhedaghat </SPAN></SPAN>
    4[SUP]th[/SUP] May: Drive down to Mumbai from Nagpur</SPAN></SPAN>
    Untitled.jpg

We considered May because it would be peak summer and that’s the perfect time to visit any jungle for good sightings. The reasons being limited number of waterholes so that one can easily track maximum number of animals and secondly due to summer there may be sparse vegetation which will help you in sighting a tiger easily. Little did we know how wrong we were……..</SPAN></SPAN>
    Picture1.jpg Picture8.jpg Picture9.jpg Picture10.jpg Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg Picture4.jpg Picture6.jpg

This Sambhar was one of the heroes of my trip...how?? you will get to know subsequently....
    Picture7.jpg
    DSC00474.jpg
    English translation: There lies a speedbreaker ahead...drive carefully...

To be continued:
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
    6 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Excellent start. In TFI the wildlife photos are raining these days.
    1 person likes this.
  9. great pictures captured sanjeev :).
    1 person likes this.
  10. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    good start sanjeev!! waiting for more!! :)
    1 person likes this.