1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip Planned for New Year Chennai-Palakkad-Guruvayur-Chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Iluvpunto, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Since I had utilised all my leaves in 2013 I was not able to take a break during christmas. So In 2014 when I get all my 30 leaves added to my account, I am planning for a trip to my native which is a village located between Palakkad and Thrissur. Another pupose of this visit is "Annaprasham" or "Choroonu" for my 5 month old baby Abhay alias Thakkudu :p. We are planning to leave chennai early morning at 4 and to take Thindivanam-Ulundurpet-Salem Route. This is gonna be a relaxed journey as little princess will be sitting in the back seat with his mom and will require a lot of milk breaks in between. We dont have any strict time lines to meet and we are ok by reaching home before sun set.

I had travelled the same route few months back in my Ritz which made me really nervous on few curves even at the speed of 60. Ritzy had created a huge dent in my pocket being unusually tirsty during that trip returning me only 16-17 km/l. After all its a petrol Car and now I am gonna console myself doing this trip in more economical way with my New Italian Beauty who is crafted for the long highway drives. Eventhough I am not gonna put all the 90 horses in test, I will be looking forward to see a good 19+ km/l mileage.

Got the car general checkup and Wheel allingnment and balancing done just to have peace of mind. Though Service experience was not great from RDC Fiat ambattur, looking forward to see my Punto 90 HP handling those curves and giving a decent mileage and comfort of travel.

Please Let me know in case any work in progress in the above proposed route. Also Last time itself I had difficulty with finding good restaurants with clean environment. Any suggestions from fellow Fiatians will be a boon for me as I cannot roam with my little baby looking for a decent place to have food and take rest. I will ensure to keep this thread active with some beatiful pictures from my journey.

Thanks in Advance and expecting help from travel guru's.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Coimbatore-Palakkad is best to be avoided. I recommend Chennai-Tindivanam-Ulundurpet-Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Alathur/Vadakkencherry. I don't know where exactly you need to travel between Palakkad and Thirussur. But, remember that Palakkad-Thrissur is also strictly average.
  3. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai

My Place name is Pazhayannur and is exactly 14 kms from alathur and a similar distance from Lakkidi If I take the palakkad-Ottapalam route. Let time when I travelled it took only 7 hours from chennai to coimbatore and from coimbatore to do 90 odd kms it took 3 hours. Road between Coimbatore and Palakkad is the worse NH one will see in any part of India I guess.

I prefer Palakkad-Lakkidi-Thiruvilwamala route than alathur one as the road between alathur to my place is also not in good shape.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The route between Alathur and Pazhayannur is good. My take would be Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Alathur-Pazhayannur. With this route you can avoid the under construction stretches between Avanashi-Coimbatore-Palakkad.
  5. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    You seem to be a regular traveller this route. Will try the route you have proposed and will post my experience once back. Any idea about good restaurants between Chennai - Salem ?
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Aryaas at Tindivanam, Villupuram and Ulundurpet. A2B at Ulundurpet.

Again, my pick would be Aryaas at Villupuram. It is on the highway on your left hand side itself when you come from Chennai. It is just after Hotel Ponnusamy on the highway and towards the end of Villupuram bypass.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ramesh don't know if you recently visited A2B at Ulundurpet, the quality isn't good these days. It's better to stick to Aaryas.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not these days. Quality has gone very bad long back. I never recommend A2B to anyone. Just that I posted to let him know that there is A2B. My preference would Aryaas and that too Villupuram branch in particular.
  9. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for that ramjn. Will ruleout A2B and will go with Aryas @ Villupuram based on your reviews. hope to load this thread with lot of pictures in coming days. will signoff for now as lot of things to be prepared for the trip. Taking Laptop with me so that always in touch with fello Bhpians. :)
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :lol

Be alert buddy. :)
    1 person likes this.