1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip from Mumbai to Junnar via Malshej Ghat

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by winimation, Aug 20, 2012.

1. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    I & my wife had been planning for a trip during the monsoons for quite a long time. Malshej Ghats & Bhimashankar were on my radar for a trip during the monsoons. My wife's friend visited us this weekend & we planned to venture out without much planning.

We planned to venture out to Malshej Ghats as we had heard that it's a monsoon paradise. Malshej Ghats is 130 kms from Mumbai, so we did not want to come back the same day but wanted to stay nearby during the night. Checked MTDC resort @Malshej & there was no availability. Searched the net but could not find any other option other than MTDC & Sushant resort. Then found out a place called Junnar which was 30 kms away from Malshej Ghats. Booked a hotel called "Hotel Platinum" which claims to be a 1 star hotel in Junnar.

My wife's friend arrived in Mumbai at 8 am but we could manage to leave Mumbai by 2.40 pm only. It's a pleasure to drive Linea on a long drive & I was waiting for the opportunity. Also that, we have booked a hotel we were not worried about staying accomodation. Only thing which was of concern was the cleniness & quality of accomodation & reaching the place well befor

I was also worried about the traffic on the way knowing that it is a three day weekend & there is a lot people boozing on the Ghats. Plus I have to take care of three beauties, My wife, her friend & my darling Linea MJD :).

We encountered lot of traffic before exiting Mumbai. Paid toll at Mulund check Naka (Rs 30), Kalyan Nashik (Rs 25) & one more toll toward Murbad (Rs 25). We kept the AC ON as it was noisy outside & the weather was not that great. Around Murbad, the ride was fun & we rolled down the windows. We were already late we reached Malshej by 6.30-7 pm. So did not get the time to explore the place too much. Our objective was to spend some time in Malshej Ghats & quickly reach the hotel before it turns dark. Also that it was late, we did not find lot of cheap crowd (drinking, dancing & shouting) nor any traffic at the ghats.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

My wife & her friend at Malshej

Smile Please
    View attachment 27455
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    My 2nd lady love

IMG_2903.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hi, it says invalid attatchments :-(
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    After spending some time at malshej ghats, it was already dark & we had to reach Junnar. Stopped at Hotel Amar near HP petrol pump. From there after 200 mtrs we had to take a right & exiit Sh 222 for Junnar. Saw a board for Shivneri Fort & there was an incline again. Although my TomTom was always guiding me correctly, I was a bit scared if I take up the road & realise that this is not the right road. We took almost one hour to reach Junnar. Junnar was a small place with no pollution. We found out Hotel Platinum. After lot of waiting I was showed the room which was called "suite" for Rs 2000/- It was just a room with the basic amenities. The good thing I liked about the rooms were they were newly constructed with a nice decor. Most importantly, they were clean with clean toilets. They had cheaper lodgings but I did not check them. The rooms were full & the other families looked decent.
  5. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Our room at Hotel Platinum
    IMG_2859.jpg

IMG_2860.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

Some othe room at the hotel. Basically all deluxe rooms were tastefully done

IMG_2883.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  6. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Clean Toilet is a must

IMG_2867.jpg IMG_2868.jpg IMG_2869.jpg
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    100% agree with you. I was searching for punto in the thread and then realised that you have linea also. Now days it is very hard to find a 1.4 Punto in travelogue:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    The restaurant & bar looked a little run down & unclean. We requested if they could service in the room. After a little resistance they agreed to provide service in the terrace restaurant.

After dinner, We went for a walk around the hotel. The weather was fantastic. Then we were back to our room ready for a restfull sleep after 160 kms of driving.
  9. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    IMG_2879.jpg IMG_2880.jpg IMG_2881.jpg IMG_2882.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    we checked out of the hotel at 1.30 pm. Basically this place is not a hotel exactly. It is more of a lodge but rooms have been recently built so the they are very nice for a place like junnar. While coming back We stopped at MTDC, Malshej. It was overcrowded & we did not like it at all.

While going back from Junnar to Malshej, we could appreciate the beauty of the place. Greenery everywhere with fog & hills all around. Found this place much better than Malshej where there is so much of traffic & crowd.
    IMG_2888.jpg IMG_2889.jpg IMG_2890.jpg IMG_2891.jpg IMG_2892.jpg IMG_2893.jpg IMG_2894.jpg IMG_2905.jpg IMG_2906.jpg IMG_2908.jpg IMG_2912.jpg
    3 people like this.