1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trip Data Reset After Body Repair

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Vineesh K, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I had given my Punto Evo Emotion MJD for repairing a dent to the FASS (Mohandas Fiat, Trivandrum). When I got the car back, the repair work was okay. However, after I took the car home, I found that the Trip A and Trip B data had been reset. However, the total ODO meter reading remained the same. To my knowledge, Trip A data can be reset only if battery is disconnected, and it reflects the total ODO meter reading. Also, it can be reset only if the battery is disconnected.

I called up the service advisor, and his explanation was "The repainting work has something to do with passing electricity through the body of the car, so the battery had to be disconnected. And the Trip A and B data got reset because of this."

Other things I noticed were:
    • FM Radio settings were changed. Even with the engine switched off it will play for 20 minutes.
    • FM Radio no longer tuned on its own. It will play the preset channels, but there was no autotuning.
    • I had set a speed beep at 80 kms. It had not been changed.
    I am quite confused about this and was wondering if the Trip A data was reset deliberately. Could anyone please clarify my doubts? Thanks in advance.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    After service, I have seen FM radio losing stations, which I suspect is due to disconnection of battery. But, this does not reset the trip meters. Trip meters have to be specifically reset, AFAIK.
    20 min play of fm radio can be changed in settings.
  3. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you, Limraj. In this case, the Odo meter reading remained the same. But just the Trip A (which we usually cannot reset) and Trip B data got reset.

So what I understand from your comment is that because battery is disconnected, trip A and trip B meters won't get reset.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Trip A and Trip B both gets reset if battery is disconnected.i have experienced it.
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    I usually reset both while proceeding on a tour, hence never noticed this. By the way, what purpose two trip data serves, I am not very sure. Probably, in Trip A one can keep overall data without reset, while use Trip B for every trip followed by a reset. In that case, loosing Trip A data with a battery disconnection is a let down.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ravi_M
    Suppose i'm traveeling from Indore to Chennai. i will set Trip A for Overall trip.My trip will be From Indore to Pune to Chennai.
    i want to know mileage and Kms from Pune to Chennai,then i will use Trip B(indepth amalysis).
    Trip A serves the purpose for overall trip , where as you can use(analysis of Indial Oil Fuel,HP Fuel, Road conditions affected many more..) Trip B to analyse Trip A ;)
  7. Vineesh K

Vineesh K Timido

Thiruvananthapuram
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thank you, Ganges and @Ravi_M for the confirmation. I appreciate it :)