1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Trial DIY for my Punto Alloys (Vinyl Stickering)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Pramod N, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I have no experience in Vinyl stickering... Saw few videos in Youtube and picked up some Vinyl from JC Road (Bangalore) and tried my hand in applying vinyl stickers to the Alloys of my car.
    Thou the outcome is not perfect, I just wanted to see how the color looks on the wheels.

However, now that I am convinced, will remove the stickers and get it re-applied by a professional guy. Just wanted to share the pics.
    I have tried 2 different colors on different wheels. (Black & Orange)
    I personaly felt Black is better, but my Wife and my Daughter claims that Orange is bright and stands out... :)
    Will be going ahead with Orange..!!! IMG_20141202_203511486.jpg IMG_20141203_074053757_HDR.jpg IMG_20141203_075714662.jpg
    Ganges, pabhishek, rishike007 and 3 others like this.
  2. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Vinyl is really really hard to get right on wheels because of the very complex shape.

In the uk there is a growing trend to use a process called hydro printing or water dipping (has various names) basically you float a sheet of coloured or patterned material on the surface of water.

You the. Dissolve the backing with a special spray, then very carefully lower the item through the material or pattern into the water as you do the pattern wraps its self around the item, once dry it's simply given a coat of clear lacquer to protect it

This video demonstrates it very well
    rishike007 and Ravi like this.
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not bad really..
  4. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    @AndyRKett : That was an excellent video... However, What is the solution /spray used in it and is that a different kind of stickers used?
    I am sure, the outcome would be excellent if done properly on the alloys
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2014 ---
    This was just a Trial before the real one... Will be getting it removed and re-applied by a professioanl
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2014 ---
    Planning to get something like this... :) 150.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Pramod N
    Orange colour on the rims does stand out but it would be pain to apply the plasti dip on the rims since you would need to remove the rims and the tyres before applying. I assume by vinly stickering we are referring to plasti dip only. You can try this video.

6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Watched this many times previously, often wondering if this is superior to 3D vaccum die sub transfer, which can give full-colour WYSIWYG results. This one looks great for fractal design results. The overall finish is stupendous..!

What are the pricings like, any idea?
  7. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pramod N that outcome is just mind blowing. Can you please share the complete process from start to end? I am sure that would help a lot of people over here.
  8. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    @ghodlur : PlastiDip is actually a Spray can process... But what I used was the same vinyl stickers that is used for number plates and other stickering job done.

@mahesh.bandel : You can follow the same link which I saw and did this.

Jay Parekh likes this.
  9. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Have a look at the alloys in action... :)

10. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Work is done pretty well by you @Pramod N. Orange is looking cool than black. It requires lot of efforts I think and art to paste it without bubbles. Good diy