1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Travelogue: Hyd -> Vagamon, Kerala

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by saroshmk, Oct 23, 2012.

1. The government buses ain't a disciplined class either, maybe the private buses are better disciplined in comparison.. And add to them two wheelers, three wheelers and the huge tipper trucks, they don't even know what's discipline when it comes to turn indicators, speed and almost everything except accelerating and braking :D probably you guys have never had an experience dealing with them on roads... Cars are certainly a far disciplined class compared to other states even as they are plenty in number..
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

sarosh great travelogue and pictures.. and love the car colour as well...

i was quite surprised to see the mileage!! WOW..

During our South India Meet, one FIATian from from Hyderabad said, most Kerala cars are customized. i was't able to give him a proper answer.. guess this helped.
  3. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    pHaTe, You won't believe it, but some one solicited a sale when we were there having our breakfast at one of the little eating places. Everybody wants to cash-in for the short-term. Hard now-a-days to distinguish between need, greed, desire and want.
    1 person likes this.
  4. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Excellent travelogue Sarosh.

"The government buses ain't a disciplined class either, maybe the private buses are better disciplined in comparison" gives me goosebumps about travelers of government buses.
  5. I'm not surprised...!!! That would probably be a real estate agent who would have been putting the same proposal before every traveler who seemed rich enough... Only God knows if it was a personal property or government property that he is intending to sell... :D That's the way things go in Kerala's hill stations..

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

You should check out the Kerala KSRTC sometime if you haven't... it's not luxury and comfort like the airavats but indeed an experience that passionate riders would love... :)
  6. saroshmk

saroshmk

Hyderabad
    Would be excellent to meet you Kiran, I can see you're going to the Fiat Factory visit too. Perhaps, we could plan our journeys together?
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Definitely. Could you please PM me your contact number and e-mail id. There is already a mail thread running for the past 1 week related to the Factory visit. Would like to tag you too. There are 6 members from Hyderabad (incl. me) who are willing to take part in the meet as of now. We shall all plan together and roll as a group.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Loved the pics... Loved the Travelogue...

Cheers...

Neel :up
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice log n pics sarosh. From palakkad, you should have taken the road via ottapalam to thrissur, which is now used by almost all due to the pathetic road condition of NH. Glad you didnt have to come to allapey, where roads are even worser!!
    Your car begs for the chrome treatment (handles, strips below windows and on 4 doors)same as that in linea emotion/dynamic and it looks very sober in this lovely colour. Please do it soon :)
    I m surprised that you see lane discipline in kerala roads, which i seldom see here !! Anyway, they are much more patient drivers than what i see in metros n some other places i ve visited.
    Proud to say that kerala has the most number of modded cars n i definitely understood how much we love our cars after my visit to delhi where i saw all those 7 series, s class, even evoque parked on the roadside day n night, and hard to find even a SINGLE car without dents n scratches.. and now its becoming the land of exotics too with 15 rolls royces and a few other bentleys, lambos n ferarris , which we lacked all these years, thanks to "Gulf" :D .
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012