1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Travelogue - Bangalore->kanyakumari->rameshwaram->Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, May 31, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Wonderful Pictures. I never knew that you are such a wonderful photographer.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thank you Sungoa
    I'm sorry dude I dont have more photos of punto at Rameshwaram and Danushkodi because we just stopped the car and moved around in either the jeep or by foot.

Rameshwaram is quite a small place and pretty much everything can be covered by foot if you ask me.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nice pictures theblack - You guys are lucky packing bags in such short intervals!

I'll have to plan one now after seeing this and ramjn's thread.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    563527_10150995652552158_1992405442_n.jpg
    one final image
    3 people like this.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks for the Info..

THe pictures really moved me... next stop Dhanushkodi..
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please, be careful at such a high speed a fraction of second of distraction may cause serious problems. Anyways, the pic. is nice. Do you shoot it yourself while driving?
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I agree to the distraction part , so what i generally do is hit such speed only when i see at least 2-3kms of straight roads and no traffic on any lanes or else i drop down to manageable speeds.
    I definitely dont shoot while driving, both my hands are glued to the steering wheel , my friend shot it
    4 people like this.
  8. Hi Black,

I'm going for South india trip from Banglore..I found the information very useful to plan the trip.But im bit confused with the details you are given for Rameshwram to kanyakumari.

Route Info
    Rameshwram to kolathur -> ECR . Roads are really good.
    From ECR one takes a left reach the Chennai Highway . This is good for about 20 kms there after construction is going on and the roads are bad with single lane traffic.
    Once this is crossed you reach NH-7 and again bliss prevails.

In the map im not able to find the place called "kolathur"...there is one place which is in north..could you please give more info about this path.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    You are very good photographer.. no doubt on that..The pictures are saying that..
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    thank you very much

That is quite interesting to know .. I'm sure about this place..
    Anyway there is another way out of this predicament.

Please follow this route.
    1.) Rameshwaram -> Ramapuram Railway crossing (ask anyone and they will direct you )
    2.) turn left to cross the railway line
    3.) turn left to enter ECR
    4.) Continue straight on ECR (Enjoy the drive no turns anywhere follow the road till where ever it takes you)
    5.) You will hit a Y junction , left goes to chennai (it's marked, dont worry). Take this road
    6.) Follow the road until you hit CHENNAI HIGHWAY
    (Note:: on the CHENNAI highway you will hit a toll, ask there how to go to kanyakumari, there is a left deviation to Tiruveneli (I think i got the place name right) you need to take that route)

NOTE: DONT TRUST ANY OF THE MILESTONES BY THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, TRUST ONLY THE ROUTE INFO GIVEN BY NHAI(WHICH IS ON A GREEN/BLUE BOARDS.
    MILESTONES IN TN ARE TERRIBLY MISLEADING.
    1 person likes this.