1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Travelogue - Bangalore->kanyakumari->rameshwaram->Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, May 31, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Mods: can you please change the title to Travelogue , Instead of route info ?

For full resolution photos you can check out my flickr page
    Flickr: Shampavman's Photostream
    1 person likes this.
  2. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I'm planning to do same some time soon...
  3. Wonderful pictures theblack, thanks for sharing. I've been to Rameshwaram, but never been to Danushkodi. You just made my day with those pictures.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice Pics.
    Loved yyour punto,Kisiki nazar na lag jayein, :D
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Great pictures...

did u do any Photoshop....~??~

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

And why take a Jeep to Danushkodi...

BEAUTIFUL place......
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. Superb pictures theblack,what camera is it?
  7. I was told that you can get your car upto a particular area in Danushkodi and after that you can enter the place only in vehicles equipped with 4x4. Maybe that was the reason for theblack to take the jeep.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You are right cvanandh. I did visit Dhanushkodi in 2009 in my Hyundai Getz that time. I didn't take the jeep to proceed further.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

I use picasa to sharpen the image by 1 stop and add a watermark that's all. I dont do post processing that much.
    Depending on the time of the day I either intentionally Underexpose or Overexpose the Image by 1-2 stops that's why i get these images..
    Also My DSLR has a setting to change the way it sees color so what i've done is pushed it up by 2-3 stops so that i get red/green/blue in a very vibrant way.
    You need a 4x4 because this place is about 8kms from the mainland of Danushkodi and you will have to drive through sand all the way.
    hence the breathtaking view... Just imagine 8kms of nothing but sand and more sand.

Canon Rebel T1i
  10. xler

xler Novizio

Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations theblack
    Superb photos! Would you please post a few more nature pics with the punto at Rameshwaram and Danushkodi?