1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Travel plan for Pongal - from chennai

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by dhans4all, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all

Most of us will be travelling on a long weekends & festival holidays (Either to native or any vacation trip). normaly we all plan to start previous day evening or next day early morning. why dont we have a thread here so that we all plan to start together around the same time.

if many join then it will be a Fiat convoy on highway:redcar:redcar:redcar

for this pongal holidays:

I am starting on 12.01.2013 early morning around 4.30 AM from chennai

Route: Tambaram (Chennai) - Viluppuram-Ulunthurpet-Aattur- Salem-Komarapalayam

Car: BNW Punto 1.3

I am sure Karthik is also planning to start around 4.00 Am in this route in his silver Linea. so count is 2.

if anyone planning to travel in the same time can see me enroute

Mods: please delete/merge this threar if anything already available.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nice Idea dhans !!! My suggestion will be to have a dedicated thread for all the "Travel from chennai" instead of having it only for pongal. So whoever travels from chennai, mainly during the festival seasons can post it in that thread so anybody else who has plans to travel the same time can check this thread and plan accordingly. But aren't there any safety concerns to post Highway travel plans in a public forum ???
    1 person likes this.
  3. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I too thought about the safety concerns & not sure to post or not. ( this time I dont have anything against and thought well before posting it)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    dhans, please update with the road condition between Attur and Salem. Is it completely done or still underway? When I last drove, there was 2 major flyover construction underway. Is it done now? Also, is the new Salem bypass open?
  5. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ramesh the bridge contruction is still underway when I was on my way to ooty during new year eve.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Only the bridge construction is going on between aathur and Salem, and Salem bypass has been opened for usage, and you need not enter ayodhyapattinam. Very few diversions are there in Salem bypass as on yesterday.
  7. BTW Dhans, when are you returning to chennai.?
  8. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I am planning to return on 15th Jan, will be starting from karur in the afternoon.
    only the bridge construction is undergoing however the roads are finished and the byepass also over and opened for public usage.