1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Transporting Punto from Chandigarh to Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Anirban Banerjee, May 17, 2013.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Punots are made for such longer drives dude.... Just grab the opportunity......... :)
  2. Anirban dude please drive down to bangalore.
    3 days are enough to drive down here.
    Dont even think of getting it via packers and movers,first time I got my santro to bangalore from kolkata with Aggarwal packers and movers, when I got my car there was dent in the bonnet and right head light broken, this was not the end during d3livery of the car they goofed up and my cars documents and key was sent in another car to mangalore and I got the other cars doc and key.
    That was the last time I sent it through packers and movers, never loose any opportunity to drive.
    Btw, even if you drive down to bangalore you will saving a good 3-4k, since yours is a diesel car.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I believe we need to address the practical aspect as well, i say this bcos i got transferred to Bangalore some 1.5yrs back.
    the packing of house hold items is a task in itself even if done by movers n packers. Plus usually a deadline to report back from new location can add up to the misery at that point in time.
    with me, i opted for Interim as my MnP, they delivered the car in excellent condition and even the meter reading was taken, before loading the vehicle and a photo from all angles plus a physical verification of paint job and your signature on the same.
    The car was washed before delievry, usb stick and ganesh ji went missing and some special wipe cloths, these were compensated for by the company.

Additionally, i was asked to take additional insurance on the movement of household articles just incase of any damage claims and this helped as well as few glass items like night lamp etc developed minor cracks and amount got recovered in 5 days time.

ensure you do it right and seek clarification on what gets covered etc etc and get the same in writing.

Personally, i prefer driving given the chance !
    1 person likes this.