1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Transporting Punto from Chandigarh to Bangalore

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Anirban Banerjee, May 17, 2013.

1. Hi All,

I own a diesel Punto 2012 Dynamic. I have recently moved the bangalore and I want to get my car here now. I have 2 options - drive all the way from Chandigarh (3 days and leaves are an issue here) or get it sent here by Movers and Packers.

Recently one of my friends got his car (TATA SAFARI) moved from Gurgaon to Bangalore and his car was given in a very bad condition. The accessories were stolen, it looked like that someone had driven that SUV all the way to Bangalore. The break shoes, alignment, front tyres were completely gone. To my amazement, this car was transported by Aggarwal Movers and Packers, who are known for their quality of work.

I would like to opt for the Movers and Packers option but after hearing about this incident, I am a bit scared. Please suggest me options for good Movers and Packers. Is there is a way that I can get the transport done by FIAT?:confused:
  2. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Drive dude drive ... spend the same amount for halting in Hotels in between ... Even I saw same experience from Aggarwal M & P ... My Friend shifted from Mumbai to Bangalore ... 8 months old Ford Fusion .. so he didn't took chance to drive but to give to a so called reliable M & P .. But when it reached Bangalore It seemed they drove the car from MUm to B'lore ... Stereo system was missing ... 3 wheel caps gone ... front 2 wheels were nailed like anything ... full of mud ... after reaching in B'lore he had to spend another 80 k to bring the car into proper running family car ... On the other hand this M & P companies takes the shifting charges in advance so had no option to do anything rather to accept the and spend some more amount to make it running condition ...

Greetzzz
  3. I would suggest driving down.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Just drive it. Get leaves and plan a road holiday :)
    Spot out some interesting places en route and visit them. Its gonna be awesome :)
    2 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Someone please give me a job in Chandigarh, so I can drive my T-Jet from B'lore to Chandigarh :D

Rajan
    9 people like this.
  6. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Ur probably the 1st person to think of asking M & P to bring down the car rather than drive it down yourself that too the car being a fiat punto..

There is only one option everyone here will suggest you..

DRIVE !!:car:grin:
  7. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If driving yourself is not possible, ask a trusted driver to bring the car for you rather than take the risk of using M & P. At the end of the drive, the driver might decide to buy a punto himself !!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    Ask a friend to tag along and drive back, two drivers can make the whole journey comfortable..
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Railways or Road carriers are options which are at risk but some do it good but cost is high, there are professional drivers who can drive your car safely all the way at a nominal cost.. check

BTW.. AM available if you can bear the flight cost from Bangalore to Chandigarh.. a weekend we can drive back.. :)
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Drive down or hire a personally-known professional (Taxi) driver and get him drive down the car.
    Do not go the M&P way – have heard lot of horror stories.

(Or take help of any TFI member who is travelling from Chandigarh to Bangalore ;) )