1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Traffic Cops and your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vigneshrace, Apr 2, 2014.

1. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

In OMR chennai, atleast once in a week i used to blow for DD check up!

I was stopped yesterday nyt after the movie and Cop said that i should do address transfer if i am staying out of my hometown for more than three months(Caught in bike.I am using a bike which is registered in my hometown and using it in chennai for more than 4 years!)

Finally, they checked all my docs,advised me at midnight and left!
  2. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

I have plenty of episodes with the cops, but the following is a little strange that I still remember -

Location - Mandaveli, Chennai

I take a free left on a No Free Left Zone and I was stopped by the cop.

Generally when cop(s) stop my car, I get down immediately.

So I got down.

The cop came close to me and said, "Sir, I have three children and they are studying. My monthly salary is 8xxx"

I looked into my wallet, picked up a fifty rupee note and handed it over to him.

Came back to the car, started driving wondering what just happened.

The whole episode was over in less than a minute and I just didn't utter a word.
    vigneshrace likes this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Whenever cops have stopped me , i have always ended up with paying fines for one or the other reason, sometimes for driving other state registered vehicles, sometimes for no entry zone, etc:)
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is the most absurd weird excuse i ve heard for asking a bribe !! whose fault is it him making 3 children and we have to pay for them? Aint this typical beggar attitude who considers more children means more sympathy and prospects for begging ?
  5. shankspatel

shankspatel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think that the constable seeing the way our friend got down of the car thought that our friend here is some one with sufficient power and got down just to screw him, so he said those words.

My 2 cents instead of giving him 50 Bugs Cliffhanger could have bagged 100 bugs from that constable.
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Rewind back to School Days (1 Week Old, Learner's License (without gear))

While coming back from afternoon movie, was stopped by cops for jumping red light; We requested him to spare us without challan, but he hinted bribe. ( I recalled I had 20 rs in my pocket) Told cop, got twenty (that's all). He said yes (what else to expect from school kids in 90's)

I slide hand in my pocket -> pull out whatever I have in pocket, squeeze in my hand -> Shake hands with cop & handover to his palm -> he slides it into his pocket (without looking) -> lets us go

I reach home and while emptying pocket, find that Rs 20 still with me. After a little wondering, realize; I gave cop the 'expired movie ticket' instead of money (un-intentional though). Felt sorry for a while and then smiled at the incident.

This has been the funniest encounter with Traffic police till date, rest all have been with bad ending.
    varunrtr and vigneshrace like this.