1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Traffic Cops and your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by vigneshrace, Apr 2, 2014.

1. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all,

Please share your experience with traffic police

It may be anything like fines,bribe,etc

My experience today:

I think all the chennai traffic police are provided with a alcohol testing metre.
    By 10 PM , they stopped me at velachery and asked me to blow air in that machine!!!

No alcohol and hence we smiled and left!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Once I've bribed a cop Rs.10 to get away with my Kinetic Honda at midnight. That was 7yrs back. Some desperate cops are happy with whatever you offer :)
    2 people like this.
  3. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai Traffic Cops and your experience

I think TFI members dont have any experience with the traffic Cops!!!!
    Anyway Good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have some bad experiences as well:

1. After installing car door wiser, a brilliant cop near Alexander Square, Guindy, Chennai did not know if my car had a sun film or not? Stopped me by just jumping in midst of the road bent his back on all sides only to get fooled.
    2. The very next day same place but a different cop got fooled.
    3. Was talking over BT when getting down the Guindy bridge, Chennai when a cop pulled me to the left only to seek some blessings in the form of bribe. Unfortunate for him I was totally drained and hen had to be satisfied with only Rs. 50 - must have cribbed a lot.
    4. Off from office at 10 PM in OMR, when the cop stopped me just before the toll towards Pallikanai. Ask me to down the window, blow on his face only to be fooled.
  5. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    This happened to my colleague in Chennai a few years back when he was the pillion in his bike with his friend driving it. And this friend of his was known for his mischievousness.</SPAN>
    They jumped a signal when it just changed from amber to red. They were soon caught by the traffic cops on the other side. </SPAN>
    And it was time for interrogation by the cop. </SPAN>

Cop : Thambi, License Irrukkae ? (Brother, you have license??)</SPAN>
    Friend : Irruku Sir (Yes)</SPAN>
    Cop : License vaangarathuku munnadii LLRku exam eludhiniya..? (Did you take the exam during LLR ?)</SPAN>
    Friend : Ezhudinaeen Sir (Yes)</SPAN>
    Now, the cop starts the interview.....</SPAN>
    Cop : Signalla Red Lightnaa Enna pannanum (What you do when the traffic light is Red ?)</SPAN>
    Friend : vanndiyeaa Niruthanum Sir (Stop the vehicle)</SPAN>
    Cop : Green naaa ? (Green ??)</SPAN>
    Friend : vandiyaaa Ottalam sir (We can go)</SPAN>
    Cop : Orange naaa ? (Amber/Orange ??)</SPAN>
    Friend : (After a quite pause....) Avasaramnaa Polaam sir ( after a brief pause...:confused:....he said "If we are in a hurry, we can go")</SPAN>
    Cop : ?????:chair:
    3 people like this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    :evilsmile
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Not bad, was he allowed to keep terms (ATKT) in college. :lol:
    1 person likes this.
  8. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Once I have paid 15 rs for coming on one way (mistake on my side I didn't notice the sign board) . I showed my purse telling theres nothing he saw the 15 Rs

Cop : Ingiya pathukuriya ella aiyya va kupudava (shall we finish it off here or shall i call the higher ups)

I gave the 15Rs :-D
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Ask Admin to change title simply to Traffic Cops and your experience, people from all over India will share much more hilarious accounts of stories, I am sure. That will encourage more participation. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have couple of experience with the cops in last 4 weeks. Couple of weeks back cops stopped me around 11 pm just opposite to my apartment signal for alcohol testing and asked me many questions before they let me go. Couple of days back cops stopped at the same place around 10 pm and this that time my wife was driving, no questions asked they let us go.
    1 person likes this.