1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by neoonwheels, Jun 3, 2010.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Hi Guys,

Background: I am tracking all my vehicle fuel fill ups, insurance, servicing and other details in excel file. Its great and easy but I always wanted to have a better UI. Being in IT, it comes naturally to me to make useless things and present them as life saving :-D .

TrackVehicle: No non sense thing. Bored of putting values into Excel files. So one fine day decided to get a UI for this boring data feeding. In 2 weeks time, prepared a rather basic UI and functionality and thus TrackVehicle came into picture.

Fast Forward: Following are few basic screens for this rather boring task of filling up values in excel. One I am done with a basic testing I will upload the utility. I hope in 2 weeks time, you guy can enjoy this rather boring activity.

2. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

awesome awesome awesome !
  3. Gr8 :wow this is amazing tool neoonwheels. Looking forward to your software :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

:wow Can't wait to explore it. AWESOME gr8 job buddy!
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Thanks guys. Its at a basic level right now and I am working on it. Once a normal testing is done, I can share it with you so you guys can do the beta testing. Whenever you get any defect just drop me a mail and it would be fixed in subsequent releases. If it clicks, I will shift the database thing to MySQL from current MS Access. I hope if would help you managing your data in a better way :dance

BTW: smileys here are awesome... :wow
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    great work neo !!

Look forward to the release :)
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Really cool. :up I have been doing this boring excel activity for the past 7-8 years and of late with an application on my android. Looking forward to continue the activity with your application on my desktop. Let me know, I may be able to give you some scope creep :-D
  8. Ditto here,...:)
    I too have been doing this mileage tracking thing in spreadsheets (google spreadsheet, as I can access it from any where) and so too the routine expenses. Would really appreciate your release of the tool. May be we can help with some beta testing too.. huh! and spread some word.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Excellent tool there, neoonwheels

And yes, Excel can get boring :mrgreen:
  10. milind5656

milind5656 Novizio

Good one Neo.. :clap

Really looking forward for the application. I think MS Access as back end is fine.
    Else will need to install SQL and another service would run for it. :cry: