1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Track change buttons not working when playing from USB

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by vamsi, Apr 8, 2014.

1. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I have got my 90HP on Mar29th. Looks like, I noticed this issue late. Please confirm if it is an issue or not.
    When I am playing from USB, the arrow buttons on Steering to switch tracks works well. But, neither the arrow buttons on HU nor the ones on the remote given are working.
    What it means is, no one except driver is able to change tracks when playing from USB. Is it a known limitation by any chance? Otherwise, I will have to rush to the dealer for warranty etc..

Thanks
    Vamsi

Punto MJD 90HP
  2. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Take it easy vamsi :). I had a similar concern when I bought my Linea. This indeed is a limitation of the HU. I still haven't been able to figure out why, may be experts can comment. You just have to live with it now.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    To confirm what Lunafiatic said, Yes, it is a limitation. Every car has the same issue. Hope they have fixed this in the new Linea & upcoming Puntos.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    I had literally blasted on a fiat guy today when he came to explain how to do the general maintenance checks. Some protocol by fait that executive has to visit customer within 30days of delivery to explain the things.
    It's getting too much now. No AUX-IN, and this limitation. Common Fait!! lets have 0.1% of engineering efforts spent on these simple things as well apart from build quality and other mechanicals.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Vamsi,

Shocked to hear this:eek:. However I am able to change tracks playing on the USB using the up/down buttons on the steering wheel in my Punto. I do that almost daily. Surely this must be possible with yours too. Maybe the buttons need a bit cleaning or replacement if nothing works.
  6. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Ghodlur,
    Yes. The arrow buttons on the steering wheel are working for me too.
    Another related question: how to change directories in the usb using the buttons on steering wheel given that the ones on HU are not working?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Vamsi,

Sorry got your earlier query wrong. Which buttons on the HU are you referring to? The dial with up/dowm/left/right arrows? If so that can be used only when the Menu option on the HU is used.

regarding your query, pls find attached the screenshot from the B&M manual referring to your querry.
    Fiat HU.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. Samy Alamuri

Samy Alamuri Amatore

Bhimavaram, India
    try hitting mute button twice and then change the track using the steering controls it worked fine for me.
  9. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Thank you Godlur and Samy. I will try that today.
    It will be great if it works for me too :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    While I agree that it's bit odd to allow only the driver to change the tracks, I don't understand the point of blasting this guy. He came in good faith to explain you certain important things for better life of your car. You could have given that as a feedback instead of blasting him. Moreover, every car has it's own limitation and advantages.