1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Nov 26, 2010.

1. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Hi Guys,
    Don't u think , looking so far at the history of Toyota vehicles in India , it seems that Toyota vehicles are very " General "in nature & nothing specific no strong points, looks like toyota is only intrested in rising volumes ( to be a largest manuf. )
    BTW--- The "Q " revolution is a good marketing gimmick , as if toyota is in a damage control mode , for its recall of vehicles in US.
    To a large extent they have succeded in it . Fiat should lake a lesson from this !

Atul
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Today one guy in my office went and booked an Etios. I caught him when he came back with a big grin and the brochure in hand. And so the conversation went like this.
    Me: You booked an Etios?
    Guy: Yes
    Me: Did you see the car before booking?
    Guy: No, but 175 others too booked without seeing the car so it must be alright.
    Me: :uh Dumb
    Guy: Why? Toyota makes quality products..
    Me: May be, but do you know Toyota had one of the largest recalls internationally in the past two years?
    Guy: :confused but I can get the money back if I cancel the booking
    Me: Suits you fine, just that I heard it looks like a taxi :mischievous
    Guy: :-? Really ? It has ABS, Airbags, costs over 7.5 lakhs..

At that point another person joined and the topic got changed...
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just tell him to have a Test drive on linea or punto, and then compare etios, you can easily interupt him if he is blashing punto or linea.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    No, he doesn't bash Punto or Linea, and I think he is the typical herd mentality guy. Currently owns an Alto and Accent and is looking for a replacement for his Accent.
    I just wanted to highlight how people think about different products.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    there lots of technically challenged people who dont think much before buying the car. they follow the trend. when i tell other the price at which i bought a linea, people will say, why didnt u buy a honda city then? i feel these guys are useless.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    What ever you say about the useless guys might be right, but check this toyota etios 1st month sale is more than Lineas entire year sale :( that also stands somewhat true comparing against puntos sales too :(

I heard they booked 12,000 cars in first 15 days, awesome :)
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    They are just getting these bookings because of the success of the Qualis and Innova... People trust Toyota badly these days...
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Viny you are eight even i have heard the bookings has crossed 11000 in 15 days, but i am sure that the sale will down gradually once the car is on road, the owners will soon realize they r driving a naked car :uh , the booking is only bcos of the name TOYOTA, it will effect the sale of Dzire and Logan, and think mostlythe ETIOS is aiming for Taxi as the Qualis and Innova.
    Even FIAT UNO's booking crossed 45000 in 30 days, but everything was messed up due to the Labour problems in Kurla Plant. :hit.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    One thing is for sure every car that has a waiting period sells in India.
    For eg. Vento, Polo, Swift, Dzire, Figo, Etios, Fortuner etc.
    The best thing FIAT can do is advertise that they have above 6 months waiting period for Linea and Punto and see the sales chart burning.
    Too me it doesn't matter Fiat sells 4k or 1k units in a month all I want is good Service which Fiat is providing me.
    Etios is not competing with Linea. Just have a look at the seats of Etios they got too inspired from Nano and not to mention just a single windscreen wiper its not a Bus or a Truck its a car.
    For me Toyota doesn't mean quality at all.
    For eg take a look at my cousin's innova. It rattles, have vibrations after 2 years of use, and well the headlights which looked like 5 years old after just 6 months of use.That too when it was maintained by Toyota ASS. Radiator fan failure was not covered under warranty. Spares which are not usually used are damn costly. Plus even a Innova bottoms out at speed breakers when people are sitting on last row seats.

Logan is a much better car than Etios, it have solid body, good sensible diesel engine, and less costly than Etios.
  10. rameshjoshi

rameshjoshi Amatore

Pune
    I have neither seen the car, nor am I planning to see it in a showroom. But from what I see on the website, it seems a pretty decent car in a pretty decent price. Why are we bashing it as if it is ugly? It may not be beautiful, but it is not a Dzire either!!!