1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Nov 26, 2010.

1. I think the Etios looks like a refined version of the Logan. Toyota spent a considerable amount of time to design a Lemon huh? well no doubt it will tear up the sales chart, but the selling point surely will not be aesthetic beauty :p
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Helps in ingress and egress as long as you have parked the car with steering in centre position. Very nice feature. ::T
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Renault makes good cars which looks ugly. Result : Meru cabs fleet in Bangalore. Replacement for Indigo
    Toyota made (decision pending) car which looks ugly. Result : Replacement for Meru cabs and other Logan taxis. Replacement for Indigo.

Add to that some Toyota fans who looks only for quality (which is clearly not seen in the interiors), remember there are Renault fans too. I just cant wait and see those people who kept crying about GP interior plastics. From the pictures I feel it is comparable to the Indica interiors.Yaris would have bought the same result as with Fortuner for Toyota, but I feel they missed the opportunity totally.
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Toyota Receives 8100 Bookings For Etios

Source : http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/toyota-et ... for-etios/

This is just too much .. ha ha ha .. its just funny .. FIAT pull up your socks

5. HammerHead

HammerHead Novizio

A Goan In Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Missed the opportunity in what sense?
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With a badly designed (both interior and exterior) car in Etios. We have to wait and see if Etios can live ugly but be successful. Toyota did a mistake with the old Corolla and Camry which they realized and the redesigned Corolla in the form of Altis is doing good numbers, Camry still struggles may be it looks more Altis-ish :?: . Qualis was altogether a different story with Sumo being the only competition then. Except for Maruti and Hyundai looks (interior and exterior) does matter.
  7. HammerHead

HammerHead Novizio

A Goan In Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's only cause they are perceived as reliable 'small/medium' size car makers. And yes they have proven it to the tee. Toyota is also known for reliability not only in India but world wide. IMO if Maruti can sell ugly, cramped Dzire why not Toyota? IMO Etios has more positives then DZire if compared head to head.

Having said that will I buy Etios? The answer is NO. But will definitely suggest it to someone seeking my advice on a sedan in that price range!
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    AM not sure if its hype that toyota is trying to create , but I read the booking experience n T-Bhp and one of the guys who boked the etios said that the booking have risen to 9000 + and the expected delivery dates have gone beyond july 2011 . That insane , people have gone crazy , they are buying a car they havent seen or driven , what crazy people . I somehow feel the etios is going to have the indica fate . It will the fav amoung car rental companies and will eventually get the taxi image
  9. Most of Toyota cars are anyways used as taxi's.We can see Etios now instead of Logan.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    They (Toyota) definitely have the taxi DNA with them - Qualis, Innova and now Etios.. ::V
    I barely see 4-5 Corolla a week and that many Camry in a month here.