1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat India shud intiate some kind of price war. Etios and Liva is just down the throat. the competition is just getting tougher. Etios biggest USP is its low price.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You are right. The same thing happened with the early model Santro too with its rodent like looks, I too bought one :mrgreen:
    While you have a point there, I am not sure that would be the right approach. Cutting prices beyond a point means cutting corners and finally compromising on reliability and safety. A public relations program highlighting these would bring in knowledgeable customers to fiat fold. Then support them with spares and service would be the right way to go in my view.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Linea sales showed that people who are buying Linea are not looking for entry level sedans they are eyeing it as a luxury sedan. Thats what shocked FIAT to when there Linea Active and dynamic version sales didnt fired up and emotion and emotion packs where in huge demand, with launch of Tjet, I think Linea should market itself as car of 8L+ category and should not try to play in segment of Manza, dezire, ethios etc. There is ample market available in 8L + category and even the product has its life in that segment.
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Some interesting observations about the Etios here on this link: http://indianautosblog.com/2010/12/how- ... yota-etios

I wonder why people are going blindfolded by the Brand & "Q" revolution :) the article provides us with facts which are opposite to what is being promoted..!!
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That is a very balanced report coming after the review of a stationary car. Some good things, some bad things and overall a little below expectation.
  6. HammerHead

HammerHead Novizio

A Goan In Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Etios is definitely not a "Q" revolution but it does have lot of things to its merit.
    First of all brand 'Toyota', then specious interiors, boot space, engine specs looks good for a feather weight body and finally spot on pricing.
    Having said that, I don't think Fiat Linea's sales will be affected by Etios. However it will surely pose a threat to already dying Chevy Aveo, Ford Ikon, Renault Logan, Hyundai Accent and also the segment leaders Swift Dzire and Indigo Manza.

It will be interesting to see how Maruti reacts. They do have an opportunity to tackle Etios in the name of DZire based on upcoming Swift. I hope they do the home work before even they start working on all new DZire.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Toyota has done some cost cutting like only one wiper, no movable head rest....People may not like it. But the combination of Fit and Finish of plastics, 130NM torque & price can be danger to other competitors. Fiat should consider pumping some extra torque for Punto Petrol. Then the most most important thing is TASS. This is the crucial factor that repelling people from Fiat vehicles. Hardcore fiat fans may not change. But what about those lying near the boundary, who had equal consideration for Fiat and their hard earned money.
  8. What is flat bottom steering ?And whats good about it ?
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    A flat bottom steering is obtained when you don't have a perfect circle and the bottom portion is flattened. ::V
    It helps those with large tummies to sit close without getting squeezed against the steering wheel. :evilsmile
  10. Ok so it helps only when you are going in a straight line .. your tummy is definitely going to touch on corners :evilsmile

Since they said it was like Audi R8 i was wondering what it is and how it helps.