1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Agree with aadi's 'Badi gaadi..Badi shaan' Indian mentality, why would dzires sell if not for that one reason. As long as it has a boot it sells.
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!!

Everyday New cars are going to be popping up in the market. It is only a matter of Individual choice. Once a Fiat Owner - will probably stick to Fiat. The flip side is more the competition will lead to companies focus on the frills and perks - Probably Fiat will become more Customer eccentric - Hopefully ......
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

ETIOS is anyways uglier than even a LOGAN,but it has huge space inside,especially the rear ceat,so people who are buying Dezires and Manzas might consider Etios.Diesel might be a hit with TAXI market.
    People buying FIAT cars will buy them,come what may.(but from 1000 linea a month down to 700 lineas a month post Vento says otherwise!)
  4. For me, Toyota Etios looks like a modified Renault Logan. The interiors sucks a big time,

I'm very disappointed to see that Toyota is not offering automatic climate control and power adjustment for OVRM even in the highest trim. :hit

Just like what Amogh had said, we get absolutely no features at 5.25 lakhs! Yes, they don't even provide power steering in the base version! Seems like they are targeting the taxi segment with Etios! :evilsmile

And yes, it won't affect the sales of Fiat cars badly! :wow
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    That makes 2 of us. I thought I am the only one who keeps talking about driving Punto in NFS Most Wanted. Good to have company.
    [attachment=0:2rg8yl21]NFS Most Wanted.jpg[/attachment:2rg8yl21]

Since I had never owned a Fiat before, I was considering to wait for the Etios hatch/sedan. One look at the pics and my mood changed.

Nano like single wiper.
    And now, No power steering in the base variant??? Is that true? Alto base variant is the only other Indian car that does not offer power steering. Rip anything but not the PS and AC.

NFS Most Wanted.jpg
  6. Here is an answer to Toyota’s Etios

Toyota Etios has come to make the matter worse for Fiat’s Punto and Linea.
    At 5.25 lakh ex showroom price, It can be a good choice over Dzire, Accent, Verna,ANHC.. and many more. With brand name TOYOTA it will get success.
    I think Fiat has a option! Think....
    No idea ::O .
    Fiat Petra with new name, 1.3 multi -jet engine, new headlamp, new bumpers, cosmetic changes. But car should look new.
    I think its a good idea. What to you think?

7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  8. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Majority and a bit more than that, in India give a shit about the features, etc of a car. All they care is cost, FE and the brand name. Period.

Ask at random, any car user on road, what's the max power, max torque, at what rpm's. My bet is not many will be knowing these basic numbers. Now, that's the way people buy their cars. (Something similar discussion we had last eve, remember Amogh :wink: ).

In this kind of a market, if company decides to come out with a bare naked (in terms of features) car with really low price, its no surprise. And screw the looks, looking at the long waiting period for Dezire, I don't think general buying public give a shit to the looks of the car.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    No matter what car launched, FIAT has his owm customers, It will never effect the market share,
    The sale rate is growing day by day, The only thing FIAT should take care of the customer in spares parts
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Tony: Its own customers base has dried up, they have bought the car they are passionate about thats "FIAT", I think now its time that many more new customers get added you are from regular buyers market.