1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by royj, Nov 26, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

It would be a stripped up version for 5.25 lakhs. Anyways, it would only make dent into DZIRES n Fiesta's in hte sedan section coz they are priced in that range. Anyone with a budget of 8-10 lacs would have to look at FIAT n Honda.
  3. gReyHound

Thanks for sharing Roy
    Toyota offering a sedan with 1.5 L engine @ 5.25 is somewhat hard to digest. Waiting for the launch when they will announce the actual prices.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Dont ever worry about the effect ETIOS will have on Fiat. The Fiat customer is unique. None can read his mind. He has his own reason for buying a FIAT. It is never the non availability of alternatives that one buys a FIAT. The big waiting period for Marutis will help Toyota to chip away from them.

5. royj

royj Esperto

That is an interesting observation. Yes you are right, it is not the non availability of alternatives that made me buy a Fiat.
    But then again, Fiat's character is unique and that would mean there is no alternative for the one who chooses Fiat. Strange or is it? :confused1
    I guess like a connoisseur the Fiat buyer has very refined tastes and he will settle for nothing less. Yeah got it right now.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Etios prices are very aggressive. the hatchback version is surely going to 4-5 lakhs category. this is going to hit Punto hard. why isnt the new version of Palio( with a new name ) coming in that range is hard to understand. A Trendz version of Punto MJD & FIRE would have taken the competition better. Fiat India has always been slow to act. :A

Punto VGT in 7 lakhs category has not been in great demand. :cry:

Fiat needs to do something about it---------------FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe it may impact Figo more than anything else. Punto already selling low, not much impact I see. Also Etios will be in category of Micra, i10, Swift, Figo etc.

They didn't name it Trendz, but the newer versions of 1.2 FIRE was launched for same customers. Not much it had on Fiat sales.

It never meant for high demand customers. No other cars in this sales more anyway (i20 - most of the sales are from 1.2L petrol).
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    You know what you are going to get at 5.25 lacs ?

a stripped down basic version with ABSOLUTELY NO FEATURES !!
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    And the magna variant is what is selling at least 70% followed by Asta at around 25%. Magna contributes to the maximum sales because Fiat messed up by not providing dual tone interiors with Active variant. :confused
  10. No doubt that it would be a stripped down version.... But the general mentality in India is 'Badi gaadi... Badi shaan'... It doesn't matter what features are packed in which car.. The size is the first criteria of judging depth of someone's pockets.... Honda Jazz (or Rather honda fit in other markets) is actually more expensive than the honda city in most markets through out the world with same specs as in india. Honda too had to budge in front of our thinking that 'Bada hai to behtar hai'. So people would prefer to buy a sedan for the same price of a hatchback.

Adding on to this, why do you think Fort is selling 6k Figo a month??? Pricing my friends... It may lack some basic feature like rear head rests, power windows and fog light on even the top spec variant, but sure as hell, its cheaper... And thats the reason why its a runaway success.

I don't think that Punto/ Linea sales would be hit by Etios hatch/sedan as these would be in a different league... Its like comparing an i10 to a punto or a Logan to Linea... There would be no comparision...

Royj correctly stated "Fiat's character is unique and that would mean there is no alternative for the one who chooses Fiat". I still remember the days when i was in college and drool over a punto playing NFS...
    P.S. Looks like i got off topic... :D