1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toyota Etios Liva

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by theblack, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With a lighter kerb weight, 1.5 ltr engine, Etios / Liva can surely reach top speeds. Even I have noticed this on highways. But then the difference with Punto / Linea is they can stay in those speeds without much of a fuss due to rock solid stability. So just don be bothered about drag races. Where other cars capabilities ends, Punto's & Linea's prowess starts from there :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

There is no point in having a Liva:eek: compete with a Punto. The Liva is so outta the Punto's league.

In fact the Etios 1.5 can beat the SX4 VTT The Rs 10 lakh track test - Overdrive and that's influenced by it's handling.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's copy-pasted statements of V.P. Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar (Joo ha jeu.. whatever), like magazines always do. The Joo ha... also wrote that Etios/Liva are most Safe cars with best brakes in the segment & least 80-0 kmph timings. They have a few cars that can catch speeds but Etios or Liva is plain rubbish & intentional. I read somewhere that SX4 VTT is the same engine used in Palio 1.6. No test is required here:evilsmile!!
    This is why i have a special corner for fiat. They are not the only makers of fantastic cars on the planet. The way well deserved credit is robbed off from them (Media is the biggest culprit obviously) is indeed hurting. I don't mean awards for Service & bla bla, but at least their cars should be told as what they are actually. I oppose the act of Cunning & Crafts, the opposition to other brands makes me passionate about FIAT more, rather than Fiat's good cars. The day FIAT does it first time, i will pounce on immediately to condemn it.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Well, I merely said that based on what I read from OD.:D If I was wrong in doing so, I regret it.
    I concur.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Pls don't! My intention is not to prove anyone wrong or blame TOYOTA. It was going to sell anyways but doing such cheap acts only proves that there is a lot more to the story than just taglines like "peace of mind";).
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  6. Folks,

You all are totally wrong,
    1) Liva will fly since it is just 900 kgs kerb weight.
    2) Toyota can sell bullock cart as they are revered brand in this part of the earth.it will have decent resale value.
    3) It has 1.5 ltr engine anything less can't be better.Only Verito comes some where near.
    4) It has aircraft style cock pit,no other mortal cars come near by
    5) It's made by Toyota has be to much safer and technologically advanced than everything else.
    6) Since it is so light only front brakes are enough to stop the car.

P.S: I am just echoing my close friends decision to buy Etios!! I did not try to argue.
    2 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

ya & then it will need a beautiful air hostess too to serve the pilot intermittently. Drop another 200 kg & it should disturb time space continuum:evilsmile.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Definitely OT, any way..Marry that hostess and you def gonna add up another 100+ sure :evilsmile

P.S: No offense meant to any one/sex type. Just a joke i remembered.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Also OT - Why do most of your posts start with "Maybe OT" and end with "I am not sure, correct me if I am wrong" or with " Lets wait for the experts to comment"?

Rajan

PS: As a matter of fact, I saw one of your posts yesterday recommending someone to search Google. Funny you think people who have heard of TFI and enrolled here, would not have heard of Google.
    1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Simple,

1. I consider myself never an expert nor think i know every thing. Always look out to learn some thing.
    2. For me, it may be NOT OT, but for some one else it is. So experts (Mods, and folks like you) can decide better because you guys know better.
    3. Yes they sure have heard google, but the QS asked was some thing which could have easily got from google and nothing particular to TFI as a whole. Basically i do not believe in spoon feeding. So i suggest but NEVER make it mandatory.

Weird? But this is my opinion and i have followed it all the way so far. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.