1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tour de Rajasthan, all roads lead to palace

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, Sep 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Any specific reason?
  2. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    I felt 500Px has more matured way and premium photography blogging. small analysis . : Apple - 500Px , Android - Flickr , Picasa- Windows phone , Google+ - Blackberry

3. theblack

theblack Esperto

After your suggestion i did try to create an account and upload pics but its not as Free as i would like it to be. I'm not able to create sets either without upgrading.
    That's not fair
  4. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    shams mind blowing pictures. Congrats for your trip and :clap for completing it safely.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow! Congrats for the epic journey. The pics and your Abarth looks great :up
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

13th Sept, 2013
    Udaipur and around.

The previous night itself we had inquired about places to see and decided on what all to cover for the current day . Since our hotel was centrally placed with almost all the tourist spots at a stone throws distance we could have very well walked if the temperature was on our side but we decided to take the car as it was 38C at 9AM.
    I quickly tucked back into the hotel and we settled down for breakfast by 10AM. ;-)

We ordered just 1 paratha ,dahi and aachar for breakfast hoping to not eat too much as we didn't know the quality of the food and didn't want to fall ill.
    The guy brings us the paratha and we eat a slice. Almost immediately my wife exclaims, Can we have 3 parathas each please, and make it fast :D
    Well that's about the food quality at our hotel . it was really amazing.
    We left straight to the first spot.
    Sahelio ki bagh
    saheli.jpg saheli1.jpg

Next stop was the Fateh sagar lake , it a huge lake and the best part is that its actually an artificial lake. The view was amazing and i'm sure if we had visited the lake during the sunset it would have been really good but i had other plans during sunset so gave it a pass.

By the time we finished a round of the city (yes the entire city can be covered in 30-45mins) but we took a good 3:30 hrs to stop and photograph pretty much everything on the road.
    Soon after it was baking hot and returned back to our hotel which took a few mins :) and had a nice sleep after another round of parathas.
    we hoped to go to the Udaipur palace by evening . We were so exhausted after contineous drives and another round of walking in the sun we just didn't get up till 4:30. We woke up and had Tea (Rajastanis make good masala chaai) and left by 4:45.

Just as i pulled my car out , the hotel owner steps out and
    Owner : sir aap palace ja ra he hai ?
    me : haan
    Owner : vo tho paach me hi bandh karthe hai.
    me : hmm, yaha monsoon palace bhi hai na?
    Owner : yes sir
    me : teek hai, thanks.

(And this decision turned out to be a good one indeed)
    The monsoon palace is about 13kms from our hotel and that's when my trusted MIMI (our pet name for MMI) took us through roads that were so narrow , i could barely fit my car. I wanted to override MIMI by i didn't know any routes to do better so blindly followed it with a promise that we would never take the same route again.

We reached the monsoon palace by 5:30PM and were taken aback by the cool breeze and after having spent a sweaty morning and a totally stressful 13kms drive up to the palace all i did for a few mins was to take in the breeze!!
    monsoon.jpg monsoon1.jpg

Done with the palace we returned down and that's when on the LHS we saw this

This small shack was just too enticing to leave it and soon we were inside. For 2 folks from blr seeing something so colorful in the middle of nowhere was just a very very welcome scence.
    This is apparently just a Rock cafe service food (no alcohol) and hookah. We sat out under the moon for about 2 hrs and enjoyed there reception to a very tasty pizza and pasta and some hookah as well.

Note :: I thought these folks just prepare rajasthani food well but my god were these italian dishes yummy.
    To be honest i've not had such tasty and soft pizzas even in pizza hut around here.

We left this place with our tummy full reached the hotel and slept after knowing the day ended well.
    Next day, it would be the might fort of chittorghar
    10 people like this.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Sham, Beautiful pics & trip. Congrats, waiting for more pics :).
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

14th Sept, morning

We had previously planned to leave to chittorghar early and i estimated a total time of 6hrs including the travel and time to be spent in the fort.
    Before hand i had info that its not going to be an easy trek as its the Largest fort in india. Knowing this we quickly had breakfast and left our Udaipur hotel at 6AM .

Chittorghar, also called Chittor is about 115kms from Udaipur and houses the largest fort in india . Its been held by nearly 55 kings and covers a massive 691.9 acres :eek:
    So quickly fired up my beloved MIMI and set bearings for chittor.

The beautiful NH-76/NH-79

I had my first instance of heart in mouth on this road. It was about 9:30AM and i was ripping at 100kmph and an Idiot without even understanding what highway means and how to cross a median just jumps across right in front of me.
    With in a split second i slam the brakes and thanks to ABS i was able to steer away from him and stop the car. I had half the mind to just get out and belt that moron with a baton i was carrying first and then talk to him, but my wife stopped me .
    After a round of yelling we parted ways.
    Beauty of FIAT : This is the first time in nearly 4 years that i had to do such a panic braking and i came to a dead stop from 100 in what felt like just a few secs and all the time i was in control of the car.
    The brakes though its a bit old and disks are reaching its EOL didn't falter one bit and the ABS was just spot on and my respect towards FIAT grew even more.
    If it was any other car the consequences were unimaginable. The situation was that tight.

NOTE : Rajastan is filled with morons who drive less and honk more. Udaipur/jodhpur/jaisalmer anywhere i went the city dwellers be it a taxiwalla or a BMW owner just sits on the horn the whole damn time. So please be careful.
    2.) Highways in Rajastan have more of wildlife than human life so you will always find cattle, peacocks, bulls, dogs more than anything else and these folks just come out of nowhere. I cannot stress enough to be careful while driving at high speeds on these roads. Please be very careful.
    3.) Always be on your guard especially on the highways as you cannot predict things like what happened to me and the worst part is that these guys dont even acknowledge their mistake.

Moving ahead, we reached the beautiful fort of chittorghar
    jump.jpg ratan.jpg chittor.jpg

After spending a good amount of time at the fort we left for udaipur by 1PM hoping to reach the hotel soon and move out to the udaipur palace.
    13 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Breathtaking photographs, Sham.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Thanks sir

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.