1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tour de Rajasthan, all roads lead to palace

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, Sep 22, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Finally the longest drive of my life till date was put into action from sept 11 - sept 20.
    A bit of history first.

The planning started in april 2013 and it went something like this.

Me : Hey look at these Nepal photos, i think we should do a road trip in october .
    Wife : oh wow this is amazing , lets do it.
    Me : Called up J Ravi, wolverine arnab got the routes and all fixed.
    (the planning went on for 10 days)
    Wife : looking at google photos of Nepal and around says, whats the point in going to Nepal when we cannot climb the himalayas?. At least to some extent we should !
    Me : Hmm, never looked at it this way but it makes sense. Let me think
    (After further photo sessions and discussions)
    Me : You are right, let go to Leh ;-)
    Wife : You are crazy, you are mad, so on , so on!!
    Me : Let's go to Leh.
    Wife : Ok
    (The planning starts)
    Again on the call list, J Ravi, Puntom, Nkrishna
    (Months roll by and its august now)
    Me : Lets start booking the hotels
    (All of a sudden i changed jobs and the new company wants me to join before sept end)
    Me : Hmm, what to do with all this booklet of information i've made / collected . Lets not waste it.
    Wife : Lets see if we can do something else this time.
    Me : Ho oh Ho, lets do Rajastan by road, its anyway enroute and we have most of the docs ready. It can be a quicky.
    Wife : You are mad, you are crazy, so on and so on.

So that's how the final plan was made, we were to leave Bangalore on sept 11 and cover
    Udaipur
    Chittorghar
    Ranakapur
    Jodhpur
    Jaisalmer
    Sam
    And return on sept 20th .

All planned , the car loaded with luggage/eatables, and everything else we left on the morning of sept 11 at 4:30AM sharp to Navi mumbai

Stats
    Bangalore - Navi mumbai
    Distance - 997Kms
    Hotel - Hotel Apex (Navi mumbai)
    Travel time - 15:15 hrs

I Halted at navi mumbai because I knew that by the time i reach that place it would be relatively late and hence i would avoid the traffic also if i left early morning the next day i would beat bombay/pune city traffic as well.
    IMG_20130912_074102.jpg IMG_20130912_074111.jpg IMG_20130912_074120.jpg IMG_20130912_074127.jpg
    12 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow buddy, glad to see your TL coming up. Ill wait for more pics and more from you bro. Keep it rolling.
  3. 16.5 kmpl ? What is the speed you tried maintain?
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Day 2,

Navi mumbai -> Udaipur
    Distance : 770kms
    Travel time : 15:30hrs
    Road Conditions : Beautiful

I never expected to take so long to drive 770kms especially since i had covered close to 1000kms the previous day but little did i know that gujrat truck traffic was going to hit me hard.
    I reached Baruch within no time and soon after started encountering heavy traffic. Although i hated zig-zagging across traffic I was left with no choice but to do so and when one is doing high speeds doing so is really not advisable but had no choice.One more thing to note is the traffic at the tolls from the mumbai side is really heavy as well especially the Ghorbundar highway/tolls.
    So all in all it was a relatively slow pace and finally reached Udaipur at 8:30PM .
    Our first stop in Rajastan

A small teaser

IMG_20130914_174825.jpg IMG_20130914_174834.jpg
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    OMG the GP looks very sexy with fog lights on at the fort entrance. Astonishing pic i must say bro. Good idea btw.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    For all of you i've uploaded high quality images into my flickr account as well.
    I will be uploading only mobile pics here. Please take time to look into my flickr account as well and i would request all to comment on what you like and dont like as well ;-)
    Flickr: shampavman c.g's Photostream
    2 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sham,
    You got amazing taste in photography. WOw those pics are brilliant man. Why not send them off to some contest. ;)
    :clap
    To be honest, i am loving every pic there bro.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks mate, to be honest its all down to my new camera and a set of new and brilliant lenses i bought just before the trip.
    3 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sham
    Your welcome buddy. Now i see why you invested soo much into the lenses. Nice work there mate. :)
  10. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Just one word, Brilliant pics. I would suggest instead of using flickr start using 500px / Popular Photos .

You recalled my visit to Rajastan in 2010. :)