1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Touchscreen for Punto.

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by marvin patrick gray, Jun 26, 2012.

1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Guys,

I own a Jan 2011 Punto Dynamic which has an Sony unit fitted to it and I always wondered if there can be something like a touch-screen for my car which has a single-din space. Right now I am in England and there is automobile store which I visited and while looking around I came across this very wonderful option which will make a way to the Sony unit that I have in my car in India.

Its a RIPSPEED DV740.
    -Touch-screen
    -DVD Player
    -SD Card, USB and AUX in.
    -FM Radio
    -A video input slot for reverse camera.

Cost is 150 Pounds. Also available at Halford's website.

@ Moderators- This gadget was a pretty new thing for me. If it is quite common despite a Eureka moment for me, please delete the thread. Cheers.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. I always wish to have a touch screen player in my Punto; I searched a lot in Bangalore and none of the shop guys was helpful to have a single din touch screen for Punto
  3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi Praveen , we have in JVC single din lcd type like same in video .. check out. have alss seen in pioneer but long time back.
  4. JVC one din when I checked was costlier. The one shown in the first post will be only less than 15k.
  5. marvin patrick gray

Lucknow
  6. marvin patrick gray

Lucknow
    It will surely cover the AC vents but I would close those two vents completely and have my share of air from the side vents. If the car has rear occupiers, I would direct the flow to rear AC vents too.
  7. Is that brand a good one. I see some touch screen players from chineese. If you are in UK you can try another brand EONON. I dropped the plan earlier due to installation doubts,and warranty etc.
  8. marvin patrick gray

Lucknow
    Praveen mere bhai, how do you classify if a brand is good or not. What I look to it as Value for Money and exactly what I wanted.
    A lot of electronic things you and I use is made in China. Not everything made in China is bad. I believe this is not made in China. I will certainly look for Eonon. But this is what I have been looking for. Kahani khatam..... ;-)
    :rolleyes:
    1 person likes this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Marvin where are you in England, I am in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

I was also interested in this type of headunit but I dropped this plan cause one of my friend told me that due vibration (thanks to.smooth roads of India) it won't work for long time specially the LCD screen.

150 pound is very cheap, if you check pioneer has this type of headunits and price starts from 30-35K.