1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Totally Confused

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by MelsonLewis, Oct 4, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @pinakin : As royj has rightly pointed out I was talking about the 1.2 being under powered compared to the K-Series 1.2 engine (the K12M). Even on paper : the power figures speak for themselves : 68ps for 1.2 Fire and 84ps for K12M.

Also notice that I have also commented about the jittery feeling the Ritz gives on the highway. That's where the stability of the Punto comes into play. But then : in that case : it is about the CAR and not about the "engine". Put the K12M in the Punto and you will have one hell of a combination. Plonking a low powered engine into a well engineered car is not going to make a "powerful" car !! So let's accept it : the 1.2 Fire is not the "most" powerful engine around. But it is "powerful enough" !!

@Melsonlewis : I get a whopping 10 kmpl in the city from the Ritz. Look for an one year old used 1.4 Punto Emotion / Emotion Pack on carwale or other forums. I am sure you will get a good deal.
  2. Guys new 1.2 emotion is 5.9 on road + discounts whatever they give. Now Prerana bangalore has offered me a 1.4 emotion variant BS III 2009 model with 45k cash discount which will come upto 5.95. What you all think????? Well I am sure 1.4 gives FE a little better than or same as Palio which is ok. But BS III, 2009 do you all really think I should think about it. ?
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Just be careful if you are going to accept an year old car. Think where it had been lying around all these time and what it has gone through. Still if you feel it is good enough, be very thorough in your PDI.
  4. NAREN64

Melson Lewis,

I read in some other forum that a TATA-Fiat dealer has delivered a Linea without the Under chasis gaurd, this he has done by providing a discount. So please make a complete PDI of the car before accepting for registration. Link for details of PDI as follows.

5. Thanks all. I guess it will be 1.2 emotion. Will let all know once I buy. Well no $$$$ for 1.4 or a bigger car, lets see some time later after few years. Hopefully FIAT will come out with new good models then with Multi air engines and more T Jets.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I have 1.2 Punto Emotion & as per my opinion its not underpowered in City. I agreed that it is not as peppy as Swift however ride quality is damm good than swift.

There is power lack on highway you need to change gear when you are overtaking another car. The power delievery on highway with AC on & 5 adults is a big question here with 1.2 Petrol engine.

@Melson before buying my Punto I had the same questions in my mind. I got all my answers when I drove the car on highway with 100+KMPH speed.
    Finally I booked Punto onlyfor the stabilty at high speed. Reasons why I bought Punto
    Swift :- Very comman car every TOM DICK HARRY has it.
    RITZ :- Ugly shape.
    I20 :- Price not worth for this car.
    Aveo UVA :- Outdated car.
    Beat :- Childish styling of the car.
    POLO & Fabia :- Doubt about the after sales service & cost of ownership.
    Indica Vista :- The name itself.
    Indigo CS :- Doubt about the petrol engine. Diesel CS is good.
  7. There you are. This is what I'm saying since my first post. Go for punto 1.2, its real VFM - at least that's what I've felt in Pune.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Unlike all other hatches on road Punto is all about comfort , either in city or on highway. A difference of 13 sec and 18 sec is not going to be felt unless you have a straight track where you want to race upto 100 in any of the traffic signals in city or most of the highways other than the expressways. If you are looking for 0-100 new Alto gives it in 13s, but what happens when that careless someone jumps in front of the Alto (read all Marutis) and you stamp on the breaks :shocked . And what is the confidence factor when you drive an Alto at 80, leave alone 100. Safety and comfort are stuffs where Fiat scores 10/10 and you can cruise confidently at 100-120 :steering in a Punto, and I am sure 1.2 can do 120.
  9. 100%. I've driven 1.2 @ 140 on expressway without realising that I'm actually at that speed for some time and not just for a sec.
  10. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

And oh BTW, 1.2 segment is going to get more competitive what with Honda having announced a 5L 1.2 L hatch coming to the market around March'2011.