1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Totally Confused

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by MelsonLewis, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hi Fiatiers.

I am gonna straight away start with the topic. I own a Palio already. Now looking for a punto 1.2. NOw guys tell me, this machine has got 68ps whereas it's competitors have got 80ps with better mileage. Example Swift, Hyundai i10 or i20. I know fiat is heavy and is more safe and all that but still, i was comparing the kerb weights of all these cars, not much of a difference. i20 with 100bhp 1.4 engine gives same mileage as 1.2 punto. 0 to 100 leass than 15 secs, punto 18 secs. swift is anyways a pocket rocket. I dont wanna go for another car than Fiat but these things are making me go crazy. Guys please help me to decide on why should i go for a punto when other cars are giving better performance and mileage. I need lot of suggestions. Please help. I dont wanna talk about 1.4 cause I was really not impressed with the drive. It;s jus for highway use not city.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Are you looking for a City car or a Highway car?
  3. i guess 60 to 70% city use.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    dont listen to what companies claim. jazz claims to give 90 HP from its 1.2 engine. but if u take it out on a highway, it feels terribly underpowered. same is the case with any other car. even i20. if you want a city car, Punto 1.2 shud be a good option.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI MelsonLewis !!

First of all : I disagree that the 1.4 Fire is not "driveable" in the city or is just for highway use. So please have a re look at the 1.4. I am sure Chaos is going to reply to this thread. He owned a 1.4 and it for I think more than 20k kms.

I do agree that the K-Series engines from Maruti are peppy, powerful and fun to drive. What's the use of all the power when it gives you a jittery feeling on the highway ? I will disagree that they are fuel efficient. I own a K-Series Ritz and it is FAR from fuel efficient.

Yes : the 1.2 is horribly underpowered. I am not even considering it here. But I will ask you to have a re-look at the 1.4 Fire
  6. Hey thanks Amogh. What is the city and highway mileage u r getting on the K Series RITZ. By the way 1.2 is the only option bro, 1.4 is too expensive for me. Price for emotion 1.4 is 50k more than 1.2 emotion plus mileage of 1.4 will be heavy for me because my company doesn't even give transport. I have to drive 16kms everyday. Kinda bugged fueling up my palio everyday but still I love the car. (I am heavy on the pedal)If it was just a weekend drive then for sure I would have gone for 1.4. Some 1.2 owners say its not underpowered atleast for city drive.
  7. I don't agree here. I've driven 4k something and never felt underpowered in city and vary rarely on highways. I use light foot always, and get very good FE.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I guess everything is relative here. When you say "peppy" or "under powered" it is relative to some other car or benchmark the person has set. Another person may have a different reference scale and will have different conclusions.
    Strictly speaking of city driving with most of the driving happening between 10kph and 40kph, where you barely go above 3rd gear, a light weight car with an engine whose name starts with "K" may be more "easy" (again relative) to drive, but take the speeds to 60kph and higher, things will change and you will begin to appreciate the handling characteristics of the Fiat.
  9. I jus came back from KHT Motors Bangalore. My god people don't know anything there, I guess I kno about Fiat a lot more better than them. Dint even know how to turn on Instant fuel consumption thing. I test drove 1.2 but again i am not sure what it was, 1st and 2nd gears were too short, engine was noisy, and on the meter after I myself turned on IC it was showing 8.3 average. I guess it was 1.4. Dint have patience to check the ABS and adjustable driver seat. Just drove and came back. It was an emotion variant (not pack) so couldn't figure it out. Anyways I am planning to take more test drives of 1.2 with Prerana and hopefully if my Palio gets sold I will book 1.2 within next 3 weeks. Just out of curosity can anyone tell me if 1.2 is even underpowered than Palio 1.2? If it is as good as Palio or better I dont have any issues otherwise I will have to think about it. Well guys i am jus 23, need a little speed sometimes.. LOL
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    IC is Instantaneous Consumption, not average, and don't bother checking the average in a TD vehicle ::O