1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Torrid motors goregaon east- The most pathetic service center ever

Discussion in 'Service Center Reviews' started by Abhishek Singh, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Abhishek Singh

Abhishek Singh Timido

Linea 1.4
    Took my linea emotion to the torrid service center in goregaon east and had the most horrible experience ever. Have had bad expeeiences with them before aswell but this one jus took the cake.
    1.Vehicle test drivers and service exec extremely careless while car handling.
    2. Service team not aware of what maintenance to be done for a major service.
    4. They could not figure out the drop in pick up and could not resolve. Asked me to change the clutch plate assembly which was later verified to be in good condition by another service center.
    3. No spare parts ever available at their service station and you have to remind them time and again for the same. They will.not bother calling you up.
    4. They will rob u. They will ask you to change parts which are good. Either they do not know their job or they know they have to rob the customer.either way is its not good.
    5. They charge separate for cleaning and washing which is almost everywhere included in thr major service and even after charging the car was delivered in a pathetic state.
    6. Spare parts overly priced. A clutch pressure plate assembly which scosts not more than 6k if you buy it online is being priced at 15k.
    8. Labour charges overly priced. 175 rs to fix one screw. Upwards of 1300rs for throttle body cleaning which costs 400rs elsewhere.
    7. Service advisors will not bother to call youand keep you updated about your vevehicle. You will have to try to call them again and again and you might get a reply after several hours.
    8. after taking the car found the window and mirror control panel dangling loose. Centre console found loose.

Guys I would recommend you try other service centers in Mumbai even if it means having to travel more and spend more time it would still be better than going to the thieves at torrid motors goregaon east. If there is nothing availabe buy parts online and get a general service center to fix the car as they will be more honest and efficient in their jobs compared to the incompetent morons at torrid goregaon east.
    They can't even clean the car properly..troubleshooting is too far for them.
    kamaljit ashat and prabhjot like this.
  2. Prabhakar

Prabhakar Timido

Linea T-Jet
    I share your experience dear. Usually Mumbai is more efficient except Torrid Fiat's service. Workshop of Torrid Fiat sucks! You will never get the parts there. Even if you order the parts...you can't be sure that all parts are made available. Even if you go for a small job, they will make sure that you lose the whole day. For a normal service they takes at least one and a half day! And, once your car is ready,,,you can expect anything between 1-2 hours in final billing. Your get frustrated if you escalate your problem, At most, you will hear sorry but, please don't expect things to expedite!
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Would recommend you to try R.S Motors Kandivali. I have had good experience with them always.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Prabhakar

Prabhakar Timido

Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Dipesh. Will try.
  5. Coolwater

Coolwater Timido

Grande Punto 1.4
    Agree Abhishek. Torrid never has any spares in stock.
    AmeyKhedekar likes this.
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Having a list of "worst service stations" ranked (highest first) on "worstness" scale will help people to decide whether to approach a service station or not. Let the worst ones die a natural death!
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    They were not the best up until about 6 months back. But still passable. Although some people there have migrated and new comers, SA and all, do not even bother to attend for an hour or more for a waiting customer. Recent experience. One SA attending some other car, another gone for TD, another in a management meeting. When argued that 95% of all the 60K kms service is already done at prior intervals (preventive) with bill, they still insist of pushing for useless stuff pretending or not realising that they are recommending repeat work.

Spares are being bought from other Service center. The only good part is the body shop and people there. The paint work is top-notch and the department looks more busy always than mechanical works.

Credit card 2% is being charged extra, and that is also big point of disagreement with customers. Clearly visible from the way the SA was trying to explain management policy to customers on phone.

Anyways, those looking for some amount of reasonable service and responsible interaction should contact Mr. Anish Pore. For matters of body work of car, contact Mr. Sampat directly and not the SAs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2015 ---
    The problem is the natural death is painful process even for the customers. :(
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Sometimes without them realizing, their name will reflect in their attitude. The meaning of the word ' torrid ' is ' full of difficulty '. So what more can a customer expect from Torrid Motors. A torrid time. Full value for the name:)

RaviHegde likes this.
  9. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Linea T-Jet
    Sunday 13/9, 9 am requested appointment, 930 appointment granted, sent car to Torrid Motors Mumbai at noon, 1230pm SA calls confirming issue and repairs, ETU 4pm, called and asked to collect car at 5pm, car delivered after test drive and necessary invoices. Awesome service experience. Thanks Anish and Torrid.
    * sadly didn't have a good experience at RS with my TJet - wanted to change my clutch which was a completely wrong assessment later confirmed by their seniors. *
  10. My Ride

My Ride Timido

My Linea MJD Emotion PK is not 4 years old and clocked 40K+ KMS.
    All this while have been happy with the vehicle until recently.

Before Diwali I got my AC serviced at Torrid and was informed that the cooling coin needs replacement. I went ahead and got this done.
    The AC now worked like super new. This Diwali I had visited Devlali near Nasik and had problems with mu AC. I had used the heater in the night for a while and the next day when I wanted to use AC the AC simply couldn't get the temperature down. It felt like the climate control has got stuck at a higher temperature and I could feel a mixture of hot and cold air coming out from various vents of the car.

My intuition told me that the Ac-Heater controller is not working right and/or the mechanism which controls various air flow is not working.

So after my holiday in devlali came home to Mumbai and got my Linea to Torrid on 9th Dec 2015 for AC work.
    Was told to leave vehicle at will take time to access the job.
    Later in the day I got call that the cooling coil replaced last time was not working and they will replace for free since it was under warranty.
    After 2 day when I inquired I was told that the replacement part which came that day was defective and they will now be calling for 3rd cooling coil for my car.

Today it has been 7 days and Torrid haven't got the 3rd replacement part and so I see yet a delay of 1-2 more days.

Friends I think I need help and advice regarding this work job.

On discussion with friends they think the cooling coil must be ok and Torrid must be doing this to call for replacement from FIAT under my account. I don't know whether this is possible.
    But if anyone has any contacts personal touch then this is the time I can use some help.