1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Torrid Motors, Andheri. Is it Relocated or Shut ?

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by VijayakumarR, Nov 2, 2015.

1. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Friends

Does anyone have any idea on the current location of Torrid Motors, Andheri ?

I took delivery of my car in the month of Apr 2015. Got my RC after 2 months. They had misspelled my name in my RC and i had handed over my original RC to the dealership to get it rectified. They had told me then that it will again take another 2 months for correction. Now after almost 3 months of handing over the RC, i tried reaching them to en-quire for the past few weeks and wasn't successful.
    Today i came across this ... (picture attached below)

Now i am worried. All the numbers i've of the showroom are either disconnected or no one is answering on that number. No response on email as well.

Can anyone guide me on this ?

Cheers
    Vijayakumar R IMG_0148.PNG
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @VijayakumarR

Torrid dealership is closed. Now dealership guy are sitting at the Torrid workshop. Would be better if you visit them personally and enquire. Please talk to Pravin Perreria (+91 9819065044) and explain him your situation. He will surely help. If required give him my reference of Girish of Mumbai TFI whatsapp group.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 2, 2015 ---
    Some good news is around the corner. Plans for opening the dealership in Mumbai seems to be going on full steam. Latest news is that Ahmedabad/Vadodara based Bhaskara Fiat might most probably open the dealership in Mumbai. This is only a rumour, confirmed news from Fiat is awaited.

More importantly Abarth Punto and Avventura will be available for TD once the new dealership opens. Till then its cross fingers and no bad surprises.
    Raaz, prabhjot and Calvinv like this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @ghodlur

Mumbai ought to be a testbed for an e-commerce/digital approach to dealership-retail services. Is it not more important to open 1 or 2 or even 3 more RS Motors style, small, inexpensive, efficient and proficient, well-staffed and stocked FASS than it is to have an empty-at-most-times showroom on some of the world's most expensive real estate, to little branding or sales-effect??

Most Renault KWID bookings etc have been done via their app NOT dealerships/td-s etc.

Just a quizzical thought. Would love to hear your thoughts as an old-hand Fiat-ian and Mumbaikar/Bombayite/Bambaiiwala: does the digital-centric strategy/idea for geographies like Bomaby have legs/potential for FIAT? Or will the already dim-confidence-levels in Mumabai for the FIAT brand (given the city's long and troubled--strikes etc--association with FIATs) necessitate an expensive-showroom etc strategy? If it failed the first time....Esskay were a fantastic showroom with good staff in a great location in Prabhadevi in a swanky new tower, and yet doomed from nearly the outset, were they not, given their overheads and investment levels?
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    The issue in Mumbai is not with the showroom but good workshops. The existing workshops are in shambles and need a major upliftment. Another issue is workshops located at non strategic locations. These do not help in promoting the brand. A good workshop on the main arterial roads would automatically infuse the confidence in the brand when people see it day in and day out. They also start referring these workshops to others. Once the service network confidence is built, opening a showroom is a matter for formality to sell the brand.

When Balaji Fiat Thane was operational and I used to visit the workshop, I could find many people travelling as far as Vasai/Virar, Kalyan/Dombivli to get their car serviced at FASS. People used to travel almost 22-25 kms for service which for a few initial times would be fine. Unless you cater to such customers by opening a workshop closer to their vicinity, the service brand will not build.

The condition the Mumbai Fiat sales and service is in right now is not entirely due to the dealers. Fiat also has a major share in the downfall. So unless Fiat starts to strategize their outlook towards Mumbai with a good and long vision, these short term hiccups will always continue to be so.
  5. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yet to get any positive response from Torrid Workshop.
    Meanwhile got my 6th month service done.
    Balaji Fiat is no more an Authorized Fiat dealer/workshop in Navi Mumbai.
    Fiat care suggested me to go to Car Mendors workshop in Panvel.
    The people were good over there. Wish i could say the same-thing about the workshop though.
    It really would be a crime to call it a workshop, it is more of a Shed located amidst row-houses.
    Since my first service only called for oil level check, air filter cleaning, electrical checkup etc, i had it done without any issues.
    Don't know how competent they would be to do some serious business.
    Hope things turn around soon.

Cheers
    Vijayakumar R
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Saurabh Suman

Saurabh Suman Timido

Thane
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Get your car serviced at RS motors in Kandivali west ... Off link road on MG road towards Hindustan naka...you will also be pleased with the fiat obsessed staff there... Even I took from torrid and now get it serviced there ...
  7. Saurabh Suman

Saurabh Suman Timido

Thane
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    They are authorised service centres for Fiat
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @VijayakumarR, general services is not an issue for the most part. Fairly easy one can say. So depending on your schedule and proximity you can choose the Panvel FASS or RS Motors at Kandivali. The later being more capable than most others.
  9. Saurabh Suman

Saurabh Suman Timido

Thane
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Shut... In fact most of the dealers have run in dispute with FCA
  10. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Currently there is no dealer for fiat within mumbai or thane.. Not sure what the future holds for fiat in india