1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Torrents blocked

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gurjinder, Jun 3, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    As per the directions of the HONOURABLE judiciary, access to website listing torrents is now blocked in India. Atleast Airtel has done it. Torrentz, PirateBay etc are now blocked. Mininova is working, but it's showing some crappy search results.

I wonder what good this move will do. People will just find proxies.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Is there an official statement? All the above mentioned sites are working for me here in Hyd. Using BEAM Broadband. Will check on my TATA photon later.

Im suspecting this is more of a game by ISP's to save their overseas Bandwidth being clogged. I personally think Torrent and other P2P traffic attributes to atleast 40% of total internet traffic in India if not more.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Looking good on TATA photon too as of now. I think Airtel is being an A*****.

Censoring the Internet in India is very difficult with no proper governing body. The Cyber crime division is a big Joke and 100's of Government Websites being hacked each day speaks a lot.
    1 person likes this.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes it is blocked by MTNL in Mumbai too. I am able to browse through proxy servers and by changing DNS though. Alsol, currently I'm in BLR and accessing torrent sites via the hotel broadband (I dont know the ISP)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Working on Tata Indicom as of now.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    People will certainly find some other way to access these sites, making this ban useless.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, let me know those other ways as I have been irritated with Airtel for a while. I should have invested in an external hard drive before throwing all my CDs and tapes out. :chair:
  8. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    The work around is to use any anonymous proxy from different parts of the world. I am using airtel and it works for me. The list of such anonymous proxy are easily available on the net and are updated frequently. Some are below :-

speksnoeten.com

bigprox.com

proxfree.com

SSL access50.info
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

nice going.. i just checked and it works.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks to proxies, i got my weekly dose of The Economist !