1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I hope you do know that many Toyota, Mercedes, Honda etc engines easily do 5,00,000 km's and still perform well. Some Toyota ones have even gone to touch a million km's.

The Qualis engine ( Toyota 2L) regularly did 5 lakh km's before needing an overhaul. Same is the case with Innova ( 2KD-FTV). It has done 5 Lakh km's in some cases without an overhaul.

So, let's not say that one is better than others.

Plenty of good engines available.

Cheers.;)
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    My dear frend, i was talking about those jap engines that are available in india which don't luved to be redlined at all.I know japs give out better technology to other markets than asian ones.There is no fanboyism in this.FACTS ARE FACTS.That's why till date Suzuki has been begging at FIAT's feet for MJD technology.It was u who started the comparison between and swift and punto which was totally not needed in this "TOP Speed" topic at all!! Cheers!!

Im Lovin it :-D
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar bhai v cannot follow a 1 off experience. How many uno's were sold can u pls tell. Out of them all just one.
    Even my dad's marriage gift maruti 800(1988) has crossed 210000km without an overhaul.
    2. My 1997 zen done 282,356 kms has now been sent for an engine swap to a G13B twin cam engine and I am sure as hell the uno can never match the crazy revving ability of the carb. Zen.
    3. my hyundai accent (2001) model done 187,000km on CNG, still no need of an overhaul. Keep tht aside look at the innova's doin rounds even without an overhaul they have crosses 300,000kms.
    Kedar bhai and the rest there is nothing wrong with the FIRE series of engines but they are no way near as possibly refined, rev friendly, easier to maintain.
    Lik I had mentioned earlier, untill or unless the multi-air is launched in india its not very smart to brag about it, as v are discussing engines and cars available in india.

Just incase u wanna brag then ill let u in on something the so called "V-TEC" technology used by honda these days was invented by fiat in 1968 and dumped in 1969, stating it as useless. And now see how useless is doin wonders in india.

going by our above rides and the mileage clocked I am more than confident of there durability, refinement, and ease of maintainance.
    Anyone is welcome for a ride if they wish too.
    Harmony & chaos
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tarun : bhai tu waise he arm wrestling karle , I don get awarded by either of the firms whether u win or I(not possible). B-)

Aaron : bro if u had issues with my post u could have ignored and continued on the topic no one was stopping u. I am yet to find a jap engine in india not happy to b revved.
    I just posted my experience and tht was in the presence of judges like gaurav gill, phillipos matthai, so a chance of mistiming was also not an option.

Rest all views accepted. It is "to each his own".

Since v own a transport firm I know how imp. The innova's are with there merely no maintainance engines. Not a single innova v have at the stand tht has asked for even a clutch plate change standing well over a lakh kms, let alone engine overhaul.

And as gurjinder said, its not about generalising, but about accepting whats good and whats not let aside japanes and europeans.

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai :-( koi ru-maal laado

Harmony & chaos
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    alright guys now all of you take a chill-pill! Fallas yar, no need to be on this track! Some facts shown by phew & guruji are true. I not commenting on anyone or anybodys post but this is not exact thread for above all. ;-P
    Lets follow our forum's rules & just gave up with it. We really dont want to be our forum called as same as Team**p! We are different, we accept d facts, admire the real work & thats what we are known for!
    Lets get back to the topic without being ''Offtopic.''
    Enjoy the forum guys, we are the only people who can keep it healthy so lets do it.
    CHEERS!!!
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ tron:
    Jasveen singh likes ur post

Harmony & chaos
  8. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I have tried 140 + on expressway.Touched 160+ once[but for hardly a few secs] and as some have commented we can subtract the reading errors.
    Mum-Pune ExpressHighway is a good place to test our machines, though we ought to pretty alert while doing this.
    Once I was driving at 100+ on the Express highway and had to slow down on seeing a person crossing the road.The good part is I could see him from a distance, but control would have been compromised if I was at 150+.
    Moral : Don't assume the road.
  9. saatwikawasthi

saatwikawasthi

Noida
    I have clocked 175 for 10 secs on my Linea MJD 1.3 on DND Flyway :p ....... My wife was the witness as she saw that while screaming her heart out at me during those 10 secs :mrgreen:
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thats the Max of Punto90HP...

174.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.