1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aaron:
    First and foremost no cars handling is judged at the speed of 160 kmph. Sorry if I hurt ur feelings for ur linea but comparing a linea and swift makes no sense. A sedan can never handle lik a hatch and vice-versa. If u read my above comments properly u wouldn't have commented about handling above 120.
    Just incase, I will repeat it again, the swift only tends to loose out on grip when it encounter longer corners and tht too bumpy. Its not lik the punto doesn't loose composure, but the suspension tuning is such that it does not get unsettled as the swift does.

Also pls note the comparison I mentioned was between stock punto and stock swift, bringing in abarth in every equation is only a way of satisfying ur ego's. Atleast try to comment in relevance to the conversation. If u do wish to compare abarth then try doin it with the G13b suzuki engine, ull soon change ur thoughts.

Kedar: bro comparing the abarth to swift is indeed an insult but u should also look who is doin this insult.

I sincerely apologise if my comments are felt to be rude.

Also for the refinement part, the petrol engines prepared by honda, toyota, suzuki are known to be the best at refinement, redlining, durability and ease of maintainance. I have very rarely seen suzuki engines overhauled at 60-80k kms, Infact they last longer than the car and are far easier to maintain than the engines made by fiat.

I own a fiat myself and I am glad to accept whats good in it and whats not, but get realistic and come out of ur dreams of ur rides being the best cars in india. Smoking smone at 180 kmph is no big deal, maybe he wasn't pushing, its too kiddish to say the cars incompetitive just bcoz I smoked it at 180 kmph.

I liked the forum for the fact tht they respected all brands and automobiles, but now its nothing different than the usual teambhp or whtever stuff where all one does is bash the other brand. I mean if v do the same what is the difference between them and us.

I again offer my apologies as many would find my post offending and I sincerely request to take this as my views and I suspect one has the right to do so.

No hard feelings for anyone :)

Harmony & chaos
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I took my words back and said that we should not compare Abarth with Swift.... :)

Its ok Paji aap to senti ho gaye. Its ok
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Buddy no offence taken.Punto is a solid n sturdy car.It's known for its handling and cornering ability n being rock solid on high speeds.I dunno why ur toking against these points.AFAIK japanese engines never loved to be redlined cuz they are tuned for maximum fuel efficiency.European engines on d contrary loved to be redlined and are built like a tank eg :FIAT,Skoda,VW,Citroen etc etc There's a reason people dont prefer the swift in Europe while Punto is the best selling car out there! Suzuki had to quit the US market cuz they cud only manage 2k units a year!! You read that right 2k a YEAR!! While they are minting money by giving us outdated,ugly,lack on safety n features which we indians feel proud n gr8 while driving the car.If ur car doesnt behave the way u want it to then get it checked.If u tend to loose on grip then y dont u check ur tyres buddy?? You can just cant jump to conclusions!!

Talking about refinement then check the 1.4 Fire :-D You will see what a FIRE engine is!!

Many of our members have thrown their punto's out of its limits and got amazing results.Without any doubt even a true auto enthusiast wud say after driving the punto that it handles way better than the swift.Swift is a just a performer but not a all rounder :)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Very well said.... Agree to Aaron...

:eek:fftopic

Aaron TFI meet on Sunday if possible attend this meet. Just spoke to Tron about this and asked him to get in touch with Aniket and You ;-)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Please guys, no gross generalisations.

There is no such concept of Japanese not loving to redline or being better or worse. It's all relative to the segment and the price bracket and is a universal phenomenon.

Let us not demean the whole Japanese or European auto industry.

Because manufacturers like FIAT, Citroen etc cannot hold a candle to Toyota or Honda with regards to their families of engines and history. They are tiny tots.

I love FIAT. But fanboy attitude by demeaning a manufacturer as respected as Toyota /Honda etc is unacceptable.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Aaron : pls read with all eyes open I mentioned there stock swift against stock punto, with stock tyres ie; 165/80/14.

As for the comparisons of engines. U certainly made my day by telling me tht the japanese engines dont like to b revved(looking at this no wonder u feel the swift never handles well, hats off to u bro). Pls don mentiom this to any well informed person he wint stop laughing at u, and u don like a fiatian to b made fun of.

Gurjinder : veere aise rakhi te rishta jodna he paina hai....fully agree with ur view point, nothing revvs sweeter and crazier than a jap engine.
    Harmony & chaos
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    btw .. why are we even comparing a swift and a punto ??
    to me the comparison isn't right in first place .. punto should be compared with i20, polo, fabia

@ phew
    paaji let's have a arm wrestling match.. mai jeeta to punto better tum jeetey to swift better :D :p
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Phew : Bai ji i agree with you but i'm making a slightly different point here.

That there is no such thing as a Japanese being better or European being better. They have both produced marvellous engines.

E.g. Lexus LF-A 's V10 engine, built by Toyota and Yamaha.
    And the Ferrari V8 in the 458.

One Japanese, other European. So, let's not generalise.

Cheers.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    FEW FACTS: if someone wants to comment on the engine making capabilities of fiat, come and drive my 2lakhs+ kms done FIAT UNO FIRE. that engine is a jewel. even after done so much miles check revving it and you will know no other car in its segment or even higher segments is as refined and silent, even if its a brand new car. besides fiat got an award for its multijet engine some times back. again fiats latest multiair engine even got awarded (it is a two cylinder engine which can do 0-100 in 11 seconds and gives excellent mileage).
    i can say this because i have driven the uno for years without a break down. they really make great engines.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Phew paji your comment on Karans post???? ;-)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.