1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Linea-Lover a small request.

Be careful while driving at such a high speed. 195kmph is too much and you are thinking of 210kmph, please avoid it :-(
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kedar bhai as much v hate to admit it the maruti petrol engines are far superior to fiats. When it comes to refinement, mileage, revving, they make one of the sweetest engines and given the weight advantage and a superior power to weight ratio the swift is anyday quicker. Also it has one of the best gearing. So overall it has a significant advantage over the punto petrol.

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Swift is a handler?? This is some news to me :p AFAIK I've driven the swift many times.You can say it is quicker but there are various factors to it :

1.Light body
    2.Engine tuned for gud pickup
    3.Upsized tyres

After 100-120 the swift doesnt handle well or brake well at all.The car doesnt inspire confidence in pushing it more further.Brake booster is weak in the swift.I was at 160kmph mumbai-pune expressway,there was a nice curve to which i had to brake and my Linea acted the way i wanted it too.Now dats what i call handling.Light body vehicles do not handle well at all.Esp the new swift with the plastic tank :-D No offence to swift owners :)
  4. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Clocked 165 kph in my 1.2 Active. I know others have gone beyond this. Car was very much stable at that time.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Buddy i guess u havent known the FIAT's FIRE engines very well.When u tok about refinement,remember one thing Italian engines are known for their durability and reliability in the long run.Classic eg is UNO.FIAT engines get better as u drive more and more,unlike typical japanese engines getting coarse,loosing power,requiring overhaul etc after 60-80k kms.If u really wanna know what is FIAT then have a look at ABARTH.It will kick ass of the swift anyday.Swift would not even dare to race with it :p
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agreed to Aaron for Abarth thing....no other car in its segment will come close to Abarth cars
  7. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    yaa agree , does it feels safe to switch lanes at a speed of 140+ in swift as it is in Punto . People driving NHC used to dream of this. And tight curves never felt unsafe to me . I have exploited the car in every possible way . Tires used to scream in swift with a tight curve while there is no noise in my Punto.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  8. pradeepsangwan

pradeepsangwan Amatore

Bhiwani, Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have touched 170 as per the speedometer in my 75BHP MJD GP.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Why to compare Swift with Abarth, its insult of Abarth, Tjet Punto hi kafi hai Swift ke liye
  10. I second your thoughts, Tjet is nothing but 1.4 FIRE with turbo and see the results.
    Tjet was 2nd best engine in engine of the year awards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.