1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Phew paaji i'm sure you would've handled the Swift and the Punto at their very limits.

There is a fine line to experience when your car breaks free of traction and it is the overall body balance etc which then comes into play. I cannot comment on the Punto, but i've experienced it on the Palio and the Linea and a Ford that we have (Australian import) . Rear sliding out, but still in command. Swift doesn't give that confidence at all. Too twitchy and easily unsettled by anything.

Cheers.
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    punto hater on board .. maaro maaro ... :p
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Indeed paaji what u say is correct but where the punto and linea come in a differet league altogether is on long curves, they don lik sudden changes in direction. Whereas the swift is completely the opposite give it tighter curves and it can kill the best of competion, but come a slighlty bumpy longer corner the swift starts to bounce on its tail like u mention. Also one reason y I love the fiesta(petrol) is because the tail stepping out is so predictable that u can actually look lik a pro doin it.

But I hope u also acknowledge the fact tht the quickest way around a track is not by sliding the tail out. :)
    both cars being driven by me, 6 laps total on both cars. When best times were compared the swift was 3.2 seconds quicker over the complete lap against the punto

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ phew paaji..
    haan sahi hai sir .. aapke aisey comments padh ke saare swift owners Noida ke F1 track pe khade ho jayenge :D
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let them stand, before racing they first have to get the rattling doors fixed along with broken power window switches :p.

Harmony & chaos
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL @ Tarun's idea. Space shuttles swimming around on Buddh Int'l Circuit.

Mods are gonna BAN us for going wayyy off topic here.

Or give us some "infractions"? :D:p

P.S. Phew paaji which track!?
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    don't knw about you bro .. but on a track i wish to hear the engine growling like mad bull ... i dnt care about rattling doors ... it would be a race track after all :)
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Paaji its a circuit created within the parking space of gymkhana club, greater noida. and participation is from all over india, do try and drop in this time in december.

Tarun
    don give a damn to growling or roaring, winnings all tht matters bro. ;-)

"Punto hater" ke bachche ab aaeyo tu amp lagwane

Harmony & chaos
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :lol

Phew paji how can Swift Petrol is faster than the Punto 1.4 Petrol....
  10. It sure can be due to the tons of metal Fiat uses :p.

I've touched 195 on the T-Jet. It sure has some more juice and probably after the first service I'll be able to cross 210 easily with the help of the AIR.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.