1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    yaa...the major factor of disappointment was that other car was Dezire.;)
    and the point is my punto was behind dezire by some metres when the race actually took off and the same distance in metres was maintained till 140-150 and yes when the time came to slow down i easily overtook her but in that case its brakes which won...not the engine . Mind you stability was at its best but the progress was certainly very slow . May be Fiat has launched 90hp particularly for these kinda reasons...;)

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

yaaa certainly additional 15 horses have a big plus point...
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So is Punto 76PS Engine not capable of cruising at 165- 170??? Why is t that Swift VDi can???
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Says who?? Not at all,IT CAN'T!!.Small engines better cruise on 100-120kmph.Anything above that is not good for the car and the engine.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir what is "Cruising" according to u??

Harmony & chaos
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    cruising at 165-170:eek:....punto 76hp takes years to reach a speed of 165+
    maximum i have done is 165...car was rock solid at that speed too with great steering feedback...superb dynamics this car has...!!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Swift D cruises at 165 ?? :dance

Where's Dr.Yashik Bansal (Double Ph.D in MASA Studies) ! He is the right person to reply to this wonderful piece of news.:car
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    hahaha ..
    it reminds me of "FLASH" the super hero in justice league animation series ..
    he used to cruise here nd there at hez top speed.. doing all hez social daily works at top speed ..
    i wonder a swift cruising and taking a turn at 165 kmph .. tat would be a wonder .. 100 ki speed pe to brake lagtey nahi .. 165 pe bhagwaan bharose hai ..
    lol wanna play heart attack - heart attack ??
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tarun bhai I don think v shud b all tht critical about the swift, putting the punto also in similar situation wont yield desirable results. No matter how much v make fun of it or criticise it, at the end of it all it sells more than our value for money punto. Somehow it has the last laugh at the end of it all.

Harmony & chaos
  9. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    Phew paaji m not laughing on swift ..
    just that the situation that made me think like that ..
    btw kahi aap new swift to nahi le rahe :D ???
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai I already have a 2008 vxi model, and I can assure u it can outhandle a punto any given day at cornering, no matter how much v brag the punto has alot of body roll and I also discovered it at last years autocross, till then I used to feel my punto handled the best amongst the lot.
    The above comparison is between stock punto petrol(1.4) & swift petrol(stock). And by stock I mean not even a tyre upgrade. Just like they come out of showroom

Tarun bhai I know u weren't laughinat the car but the situation :)

Harmony & chaos
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.