1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir u don buy a TANK to go racing, u use it demolish competition

Harmony & chaos
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Good one! :D

So next time you over take Desize drop the idea rather destroy it!!! Show maruti what Fiat has!!!
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don think v shud do tht.
    Lions never go kitty hunting u know ;-)

Harmony & chaos
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This comment only applies to Punto 1.4
    Post 80 kmph, engine transforms itself to a uni-chord musical instrument, making only vroooom. It remains/continues to be so at 100/120/140. Haven't gone beyond 140, so can't comment. My punto never told me "boss, this is all I can deliver". It only tells me "push me further if you want more"

Don't have enough experience in driving 1.3 MJD at higher speeds. So, can't comment.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats wrong. After 120 needle goes up like vrooooooooooooooooooom....mind you knocked down Vento Petrol on Pune Mumbai Express Highway. Speed was 180kmph.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Yeah I mean same here. Neither my Punto tell me that she can't deliver more. It’s just that the engine roars like Lion after 3k rpm which makes me feel as if I am committing grave mistake and I stop going any further. But that's just my prejudice. In fact the power delivery in lower rpm is boon. The torque sometimes embarrasses the best of sedans while vrooming off signals.

Also, even after 120 car definitely has power and potential to go further but you know at that level, I feel (my prejudice), it lacks upright boost. Meaning, you just cannot do 140 by press of accelerator. You have to wait for a while (some seconds only) when it reaches that limit. But but but...you can still do 160 after you are on 140. It never says no just yells ;)
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my speedo was between 175 and 180. off course it must have the speedo error but thats what the needle showed.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Buddy even ur driving skills matter a lot.Im not offending ur driving skills.AFAIK Dzire can b kicked anyday by the GP MJD.Dzire cant go past 140kmph,feels unsafe and brakes are not at all confident.You have all that what lacks in the Dezire.Even why on earth r u thinking of racing with a Dezire?? :p According to me i dont even consider the Dezire to be a car..its a total design blunder :-D
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I fully agree with u past 120 the cars engine sounds stressed, its best to cruise at 100. But ofcourse u can push it further but there is no real need to do so. Just cruise at 100 kmph and enjoy the fatigue free magic carpet ride.

Harmony & chaos
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes after Pune Mumbai trip I decided that I will cross 130kmph as it will be dangerous for me and my car also.

A request to all TFIans. Dont ever cross the limit and drive safe. Indian roads are made for high speed. 120-130kmph is the highest speed which you can maitain IMO.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.