1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    well there is a speedo error for sure.

i checked it using the speedometer in my android phone that uses gps sattelites to show the speed.

when the speedo in the car shows 100, the gps device shows 92. but after upgrading to 16" alloys and 205/55 profile tyres, the error reduced to 96 when the speedo showed 100.

you can check my top speed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQAF7335eYY&feature=player_detailpage.

this was on blr-hyd highway.

my car did a 190kmph in stock condition before i changed my rims.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  2. Tried some more runs on the V-box.

Stock condition
    0-60 - 5.9 sec
    0-100 - 15.0 sec
    Top Speed - 166.9 Sec

The Conditions were very much favorable with no wind and a cool climate ( 24 c outside).
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yesterday I again touched 180kmph and knocked down VW Vento Petrol on Pune Mumbai Express Way :cool:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    165 / 170 / 180 ?? It isnt safe guys. Roads are littered with unmanaged roadblocks, hidden bumps, potholes. I mean 120-130 is fine but 160 and above is just pushing it a little far from comfort. Don't put your life at risk.

On Pune - Mumbai Highway I have seen many un-managed maintenance work happening all year, without warning signs, the road is uneven in places and can launch a car at that speed.

Drive responsibly please.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sid yes I was maintained that speed for sometime and then was travelling at speed of 90-100kmph.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The top Speed I touched on my Punto 90HP was 170+(should be around 175). I am sure Punto 90 HP can take more speed but I cannot take :).

The average I got the best was 21kmpl and worst was 14kmpl. In city I get 14-16 KMPL and Highway around 16-18 KMPL. I think this info also will help.

Kiran
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @kirenh

175kmph is the true top speed of 90HP.Anything beyond that is speedo error.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Correction. According to manual the "admitted" top speed for various variants are as below.

1.2 8v - 135 kmph
    1.4 16 - 165 kmph
    1.3 MJD 75 BHP - 165 kmph
    1.3 MJD 90 BHP - 165 kmph

Also, I have few queries, at what RPM do you think the GP MJD 75 HP will achieve 165 kmph? Also what RPM levels are generally safe?
  9. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    I am highly disappointed with the progress of my punto 1.3 after 120 . I was not able to catch Dezire Vxi despite giving full throttle . Whats the use of superb stability when u cannot show to others especially Maruti what Fiat is capable of.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  10. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    True. After 120 engine seems exhausted and it takes a while with good efforts and some slight down slopes to take it further (lack of upright boost post 120!). Also, post 120, in my opinion, engine gets loud, and scares me or rather tells me boss this is my limit if you cross it you will have it from me :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.