1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top speed

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Deepak R, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    180 in my linea mjd on mumbai pune express way as well as bangalore nice toll road. even with this speed my wife and any my cousin were saying " lag nahi raha itni speed se ja rahi hai"
    :)
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I have read few Linea crossing 180+ here, how was the braking ?

I ask this because , Once I had to sudden brake and felt like vehicle not responding to the brakes, this was above 200, it did brake but not to the satisfaction. I felt like I am going to hit the humps very hard but it did stop just at the humps. This was the only once I drove at these speeds only to test.

Under 160 the brakes work wonderful no issues seen
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    that's wat i like .. in linea nd punto .. both cars have great stopping power .. brake pads dies faster as a sacrifice but then again nothing is precious then our life :)
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    at 174kmph, four people onboard...i pressed brake pedal with full force...even though it did not stop quick enough (with lot of ABS grr..grr ) but it was responsive, made me feel nervous. Then there was bit of smoke and burning smell..i quickly halted and checked if anything was wrong. but nothing unusual observed.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its the same as my 75bhp punto used to hit without the performance box, now the speedo stops at exact 190. so truely the car must be around 175-180 kmph in the real sense
  6. vickku2527

vickku2527 Timido

Pune
    Friends, I touched 175KMPH on MUM-PUNE exp way and countless times 150+
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    170 on Bangalore Nice road around 01:00 in night. Man this road is awesome even better than the so called expressways.
    Expressway in India are just for name. I found people on cycle and also some people asking for lift on the expressway. I have clicked photos too of them.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    linea has amazing braking capability. however i am wondering on what road you touched speeds above 200? i dont think my linea can touch 200.

at those speeds braking will be not as good as that of 100kmph etc which we are very accustomed too.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Italia-Linea

kr_vasudev has Linea Tjet Plus. My qyestion is:

Does the all 4 disc breaks and 16" Alloys of Linea Tjet Plus is Plus point for Linea Tjet breaking capabilitis or not if we compare it with Linea Emotion Pack.
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Linea tjet has two advantages over the multijets....
    1) the front disc is bigger in diameter
    2) the rear also has a disc.

So obviously tjet is the better breaker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.