1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TOP 5 WEBSITES / FORUMS

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ansal11, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Guys, avoid posting any torrent sites on the Public forum!
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I did not understand this. The torrent sites are also public sites and not privately listed. So why this avoidance?
  3. It might be because of the fact that the torrent sites contain pirated movies, songs and all.

Moreover if we share the link to those sites, doesn't it seem like we're promoting the download of illegal stuff? So, why take the risk? :confused1

I might be wrong. So, feel free to correct me. :)
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Torrents are illegal. In European countries most of the ISP would downgrade your speeds or blacklist you if you are caught (Not with every ISP's , its one of the latest things coming up these days). Even in US, some of the websites were closed last year for breaking the law. Here's an example http://thepiratecity.org/index.html
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    The sites that are blacklisted are definitely a problem. This is a grey area. Personally I don't agree that mentioning a site name should be any problem. It is a "personal site choice" and not TFI choice. If I have written some links, it is my choice that I have expressed. Yes, we surely can avoid providing links to any sites.

I belong to the side of fight where nothing is pirated and everything is copyleft. This forum is not the place to get into discussions about piracy and so on. I have expressed my view.

If mods think that mentioning of sites should be avoided, so be it. I just wanted to know why is it a problem for TFI.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    TFI
    ebay.in
    indianaturewatch.net
    Linkedin.com
    Google
  7. teamfiat.co.in/forum/forum.php
    motors.ebay.co.uk
    google.com
    lordsofpain.net
    apps.facebook.com/cartown/index.jsp

these are the hompages in my browser
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Below are the first 5 sites i open after i start up my PC @ office in the morning:

Google News
    24Hoursloot
    Geek.com
    TFI
    TeamBHP

Then onwards:

FB
    Codeproject
    Stackoverflow
    Planet Gnome
    Planet Ubuntu
    BBC