1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Top 10 Reasons for Car Accidents !! (USA Accident's Report )

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by amargawade90, Sep 30, 2012.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Thanks To All !!:cool :nicethread

Even This Happened to us too !!! We Doing 100+ Speed on Latur-Barshi Highway and Suddenly one Dog try to follow our car but comes to front of our Car:eek:!!! Dog get's injured/ or death ( Dont Know exactly) but our ZEN's Front Bumper and Fog Light(Left side) gets Broken:uh (Sorry For Bad English but "Bhavana o Ko Samazo " ;))
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Thanks Amar.. this thread will be very useful to all the people.. I think I didnt practice any of the above mentioned in my driving period, And I assure you(all the TFIans) that I wont do these things in future too..:cool:
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice thread Amar. In the Indian context, I think road rage plays a major role in accidents. I never understand why people feel that their manhood is challenged when overtaken :A :A

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do we really need to list down top reasons for the accidents in India? You name it, we have it. I don't know if any body ever tried to articulate this information in India. May not be possible too. What India currently needs is the overhaul of the System. Right from Licensing, Traffic control, Road infrastructure and Child safety we need a complete overhaul of the system. Last but not the least, drivers should also be educated on driving etiquettes.

Without this overhaul, India will always be a topper in the number of accidents in the World.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

If we Count reasons For Accidents in INDIA then List will Cross 1000+ Number Easily !! :-|
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  6. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Correct. One more from my side. Open manholes or sometimes extended manhole heights. For e.g. some time ago, on JVLR (Mumbai) opp powai lake there used to be a manhole whose lid was placed atleast 8-9 inches above the road. I wonder how a bike rider negotiate it without falling. Actually, road department does their work and leave these manholes as it is and then it's on the wish of sewage department.
  7. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Nice discussion, the main reason i think for accidents is because the people/drivers are not educated about the traffic rules and their use (even those holding high degrees) and also lack of courtesy for other drivers/vehicles on the road :-( .
    For instance small reasons like when going on a road which is under repair or construction people doesnt have the patience to stop and let a person passby and create a traffic jam and accident as a result of this impatience (ofcourse there are different scenarios and explations depeding on each event).
    If a person tries to be curteaour or patient on road others take advantage of it.
    I completely agree with ramjn about a overhaul of the entire traffic/road infrastructure systems.
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    The other major reason for accidents I have seen from my experience is from Cab drivers, These are the major factors for accidents

1. They don't own the vehicle, Absolutely no ownership feeling
    2. Deadlines to meet - I have travelled a lot in Indica cabs/tata sumos/Taveras/Tempo Travelers , Most the time when I used to sit next to the driver , The driver majority of the times lied to the owner / care taker about his exact location, He used to speed up in order to meet his dead line
    3. These people just don't follow any lane rules, They just drive where ever they see some space to sneak in
    4. Less punishments - If a cab driver hits someone all he has to pay in court is just Rs 500 fine, It is the owner who suffers, They owner may sack him soon he will find another owner
    1 person likes this.
  9. Arun David

Arun David Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Amar, Nice compilation.

But i would like to differ on point no.7 - Night Driving.
    In India, especially in the 4 lane highways in the South, i find night driving to be safer than the day.(Been on a night drive only once)
    There are no Cattles on the road, no pedestrians crossing the road and no two wheelers and autorikshaws. :)
  10. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    IMO, night driving is safer than the day provided our judgement is good during overtaking and also the lights not irritating the oncoming vehicles including us. I prefer night drive rather than day, start around 7 pm from Chennai and reach home (Trichy/Salem, about 330 kms) around 1 am and 95% is 4 line and I may not prefer driving in night if about 60% of the stretch is 2 lane.
    Ganges likes this.