1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Took a TD : Linea MJD 2014 - Need Experts opinion to decide

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by King CM, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Always take b2b insurance.... even though its slightly expensive, its worth it. we never know which idiot will come and bang you in indian roads and put the blame on us. i paid a very heavy price due to this in the first year itself !!! you can consider sbi insurance, which is the cheapest of the lot when i took, dont have experience of claim from them though.

Black is quite majestic color, and with all those chrome in the new linea now(if you are a chrome lover), just make sure to visit 3M once in a year and maintain that shine and there is nothing to beat that. check this thread and say you didnt get bowled over by the shiny black :O : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4...my-new-linea-tjet-2014-a-2.html#post841908211

check horn thread for your horn queries: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrical-systems/2321-horn-upgrade-query-thread-8.html
    I am having bosch symphony, which is same as VW horn, and sound can also be tweaked for shrill or pleasant sounding, comes for around 600Rs.

Mats, i suggest star 3D mats, many friends are using that and are satisfied and bang for the buck for that price, cheaper than any other 3D mats(kagu or max spider) : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/interiors/3507-3d-mats-query.html#post71236

Headlights, you ll be more than satisfied when compared to your old tata car, it ll be day night difference.

Accesories, if you dont want any other cheap accessories provided by dealer, just ask for spoiler and plastic contoured mudflaps, they may budge for spoiler sometimes :D
    now they cant provide free sunfilm as its banned, their teflon coating n stuffs is nothing but a scam, seat covers, if provided free would be of cheap quality art leather for sure, which is very uncomfortable compared to pure leather or fabric seats.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ kingCM: You are most welcome!! Nice to read your posts and you are right about tilting towards the Tjet if you test drive it ;). By the way, my Tjets done 14100 kms as on date and a year of ownership is still a couple of weeks away.

My choice of colour would be Pearl White, black is a definite no for our country. I would not suggest any paint protection of any kind as I find it a waste of money. You just have to dust the car everyday instead of washing it to keep the shine, and the Pearl white will look better longer than the other two colours. By a Jopasu car duster.
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    Thanks for all your responses. Was caught up in a personal emergency and could not respond to your replies. Sorry for tat.

@harryaviator - Thanks for attempting to answer almost all my queries.
    3M Car Care - I am planning to try with Ultimate Detailerz for paint protection and regular cleaning.
    Will try to check 3M Car Care only for windshield protection and windows.

Headlights - Will try to use OEM & check in highways. Based on that I will decide.
    For my TATA, I changed the OEM lights to a higher power on the same day of purchase. Never used stock.

@varunrtr - Thanks for your response.
    Insurance - Yes, I am planning to go for B2B/0 Dep with TATA AIG. The first qoute from them is around Rs.29803/-
    Mats - I am yet to decide on buying mats. Still not convinced for applying a Mat over a Mat(OEM Mats) though :D
    Spoliers - No way they are giving it part of the deal :p

@5u3zEr0
    Color -
    I have decided on Pearl White & Use Paint Protection, so that white doesnt become Yellowish over a period.
    Will get regular maintanence Items (Cleaners) from "Ultimate Detailerz". Heard they sell these and provide tips as well for regular cleaning.

And Finally, I have booked Linea MJD 2014 on this Sunday in KHT Fiat Caffe with some decent discount and accessories.
    Loan Processing Started.
    Insurance - yet to decide between TATA AIG / Bajaj Allianz.

PDI might be done on this Friday or Saturday. Will keep you guys posted.

- CM
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Good job man!

I am totally sure, since you started out with the idea of buying an overrated, overrpriced Honda City diesel, that you'll find the new Linea to be outstanding value of the best sort.

Cheers, All the best man!
  5. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks prabhjot.. The Dealer has stock of my color choice and waiting for the PDI to be done.

The dealer mentioned if I take the DD myself for the RTO, then I get a additional discount of approx Rs.5000/-

But he doesnt say why so. And also, I need to give a declaration letter that I will be taking the DD for the Registration (what kind of liability they are trying to create for me, I am not sure).

Can somebody throw some light on this ? It would be helpful to get a additional 5000 savings which can be usefully used for the additional expenses :cool:

- CM
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Pleased to read you have decided on Pearl White!

Generally the registration charges as quoted by the dealers which includes road tax, RTO expenses, etc. are high. I normally haggle with them and get a reduction. Also insurance if you take it yourself it works out much cheaper than what the dealer quotes. They add their margins in these charges.
  7. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Finally, had done the PDI yest.
    KHT Caffe SA Aftab was patient enough to give me a time of 1.15 hrs to do my PDI. Thanks to him :clapping:clapping.

I will write comments abt the PDI on Monday. Till then Teaser of my New Pearl White MJD below.

CAM00094~2.jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Gorgeous to say the least!!
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Beauty!!
    I am closing this thread now, and request you to open a new thread in ownership section, including buying experience, and PDI etc., and of course lots of pictures.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.