1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Took a TD : Linea MJD 2014 - Need Experts opinion to decide

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by King CM, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    I took 2 TDs of Linea MJD 2014 version. My TD experience in short is in below link.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/12432-probable-fiat-ian.html

I have few queries based on my TD & discussion with Sales personnel.
    1. Inputs on driveability with A/C ON in City. Specifically on the Turbo Lag in 1st/2nd
    I have seen lot of lag in my Indigo TDI with A/C On. It struggles to pull(even just with the driver, no passengers).
    Even in highways, if i down shift to 1st/2nd, I have to switch Off A/C and On it only after I reach 3rd.
    I jokingly tell my friends, my Indigo has a special Turbo ON Button - It is my A/C button OFF . As you switch off A/C, my Turbo Kicks and gives a sudden Pull :D
    Question - How is the performance of Linea with A/C On, specially lower gears, based on owners driving experience (even though I couldnt find much on my TDs) ?

2. Choosing between Emotion & Dynamic
    Quick Differences - 16" Alloy, Leather upholstery, Rear Sun Curtain, Cruise Control, Ambient Light on Dashboard, Chrome Body Side Moulding
    a. Inputs on Cruise Control usage
    Any of the 2014 owners used it - If so, how practical is the usability and comfort ?
    IMHO, the design of Cruise Control switches/placement could have been designed better, aka, music/BT Buttons.

b. Practically Observed Technical Differences(Ride Comfort, FE, etc) in usage of 15" Vs 16" Alloys (195 vs 205)

Based on your inputs, I can probably decide Dynamic Vs Emotion.

3. How about rear seat comfort with 5 people on long trips ?
    Is there any serious or medium level problems in seating 3 passengers for long trips (say 500 KM) ?

4. How is the ICE in the 2014 Linea ? I understand even though it is individual liking, I wanted to know about the basic quality.
    [In my TD, at volume levels of 15 - 16, the FM Radio sounded sufficiently good for me.]

5. What should be the acceptable manufacturing month for the 2014 model ?
    This question is related to tyre wearout, oils/fluids in the Car, as most likely it would have been parked in Hot Sun(I really dont know).

6. What should be the fuel for this Car ? Does it expect any specific Fuel to keep-up FE/Perfomance and to avoid unnecessary wearouts ?

Other queries
    Fiat Co in - 2014 MJD reviews are not much. Why is it so ?

Is there a Review of 2014 MJD in Team BHP or Team Fiat ? If so, somebody please provide link

Will there be possible discounts after launch of Mobilio / Ciaz, if at all ?
    I came to know that every month, during 1st week, dealers used to get instructions about discounts/offers.

Hope experts will help me in taking some informed decision based on all your experiences. :)

- CM
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Here few points from my side.
    A/C doesn't have any impact on performance, however 1st and 2nd gears are short. Sometime irritating, but soon you will adjust to it.
    If money is not a criteria, Emotion is always a better option :).
    Should not be any significant difference, but 205 tyres looks more suitable on Linea. 195 will give little more FE, but 205 gives more stability and looks.

It is decent. Not great, but not cramped as well. Seat is comfortable though.
    ICE is just OK, speaker change is recommended as soon as you can.
    It is launched in March, so anything from April/May should be ok.
    Must read for you - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html.
    Normal diesel, also recommended by Fiat.
    Engine remain same, so any ownership of 1.3MJD is sufficient, however we have one thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-3-mjd/11817-linea-facelift-1-3-mjd-test-drive-review.html
    5 people like this.
  3. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi.. for your inputs. Have downloaded the PDI. Will use it if the deal i am expecting goes through.
    Waiting for Dealer to call back with proper pricing and exchange offer.

Meanwhile, if owners can give their 10 cents on below queries, It would be very helpful.

2. Choosing between Emotion & Dynamic
    Quick Differences - 16" Alloy, Leather upholstery, Rear Sun Curtain, Cruise Control, Ambient Light on Dashboard, Chrome Body Side Moulding
    a. Inputs on Cruise Control usage
    Any of the 2014 owners used it - If so, how practical is the usability and comfort ?
    IMHO, the design of Cruise Control switches/placement could have been designed better, aka, music/BT Buttons.

Is there any further inputs on below query apart from Ravi Sir's Comments ?
    3. How about rear seat comfort with 5 people on long trips ?
    Is there any serious or medium level problems in seating 3 passengers for long trips (say 500 KM) ?

Most likely the dealer might call me today or tomorrow. There are more follow up calls from FIAT Call Center, than the dealers.

- CM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi!! My input is in Bold.
  5. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @pabhishek - Thanks for your responses. :up

Still waiting for a call from Dealer for pricing and other details.

- CM
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    King CM: Please let us know your budget constraints without which were advising a variant would be wrong. If budget does not matter, Emotion is the one you should go for.

There is literally no effect of the AC on the mjd's performance. As far as the rear seat is concerned, you would rather be happy with the indigo's roomy feel. Linea's rear seat is best suited for 2 adults.

Reviews of older cars could do good as there are hardly any changes to the engine and if at all there are any, they are better. For e.g clutch on the newer cars is way soft compared to the predecessors.
    Cruise control feature completely depends on your usage, if majority of the running would be in city, it's of minimal use to you and vice versa.
    MJD runs well on regular diesel.

Hope you book one and enjoy the fiat experience to the T.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  7. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @Mahesh - Thanks for your suggestions.

Regarding Budget - It was allocated for a Honda City IDtec, which in BGLR OTR would come to 13L +.
    Still would like to take an informed decision based on data. That is the reason, I wanted to check the real utilities of the features that Emotion offers, from owners.

Reason for not going for a Honda City IDtec
    - Feels way too light in high speeds and the 5th wheel(steering) doesnt instill confidence.
    - Looks too expensive for just the brand name and some fancy features.
    - Too many Honda City'ies on the road. Hope you have seen Shiksha.com Ad. I dont want to be one more "Mae..". (Shiksha.com Official TV Commercial - Stop Following. Start Exploring - YouTube)

Since I had Indigo Diesel, My benchmark for seating space and leg room is a little high. Its really good in a Indigo(Owning it for 9 years, 3 - 4 passengers can sit comfortably, as per Indian Standards :D).
    And as it is a Diesel, I just like that decide and take it for a long trip without much planning, even if it is just me alone driving.(mostly chennai)
    And I want to push myself for Emotion variant for the same reason, to really able to use Cruise Control in longer drives, tat too on highways like Bglr-Chennai.

Having said above all reasons, I want to be thoroughly convinced based on data.
    Tats the reason asking for more owner inputs and specifically who have used the 2014 Version, though all experts can pour in their piece of advise. :rolleyes:

Thanks again, for your inputs.

- CM
    2 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cruise Control will certailly be useful on highway (I see you plan Bangalore - Chennai). Unfortunaetly, we don't have much ownership report on new Linea (with CC).
  9. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes Ravi. That is the main reason I want to go for a Emotion Variant & secondary reason is that it has 16" Alloys. Not very much interested in Leather Seats or other frills though.

- CM

- - - Merged Post - - -

Got to know from Dealers that there is no special scheme for this month.

But they are ready to give a free Insurance worth Rs.36000/- bringing down the OTR to Rs.11,61000/-

And to another dealer i had mentioned that I want to use my previous car NCB for the new car Insurance.
    Wanted to know if they can give me a Cash discount for Rs.36000/- instead of free insurance.
    Also mentioned that I will buy my own insurance.
    If I buy my own insurance, they are ready to give another Rs.12000/- discount, effectively bringing down the OTR for Emotion Variant around Rs.11,50000.
    (Same applicable for Dynamic variant also)
    But he doesnt state a clear reason why that extra Rs.12000/- discount.

Can somebody throw some light on this ?

My NCB for my current car would be 45%. I can either use it for the first year Premium, buy my own insurance or use the NCB within 3 years.(If i am selling my current car and retaining my NCB Letter)
    This is the link from Tbhp, If i can post it - No Claim Bonus - How to save on your insurance premiums! | Team-BHP

Please provide some inputs on this as I would want to finalize the deal.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes you should buy the Insurance yourself, and Team-Bhp thread has all details how to use your NCB.

And why they are giving 12000 discount, it must be some dealer side offer, I guess, take it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.