1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Took a PDI of my ER punto at Ramkay

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by RedPoint, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    @PatchBoy: Thanks, you have raised the right concern. I just wanted to get rid of heat & UV. If the factory fitted glass can do a decent job then I don't opt go for it.

@DRIV3R : Of course, it is not for privacy at all. I wanted to reduce the heat & UV.

Moreover, personally I would like to have the car without any such things.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hey Arnab, Yes, you may be correct.
  2. A new car doesn't require any of these treatments execpt for properwash and waxing.Spending money on 3M is worth.
    1 person likes this.
  3. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    And if the color is Exotica Red then its a drool maal :dance
    1 person likes this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Was the PDI done at the dealership before taking delivery or the one being done before the car went for registration?

Regarding underbody anti rust coating, Fiat Punto comes with a factory anti rust coating which will hold good atleast for a couple of years. Maybe after that you can think of using 3M services. Sunfilms are already banned, so dont think about them.

Like everyone unanimously agrees, the Lady in Red is one to make anyone go weak in the knees. Fulltoo drool worthy.
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Customer PDI done before the registration at dealer yard. I will also have to make sure all the reported minor observations are done.
    RAMKAY is really phenomenal in this customer service area as per me. I would recommend them for anyone.

No, I am not opting for a sunfilm

The reason why I booked a red one.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yesterday, I got the loan sanctioned at SBI in no time. It was so quick. This was one smooth process I have ever seen (except the no of signatures ;) I have to put in)

My vehicle's delivery day is 16th September (Monday).
  6. hirenmistry

hirenmistry Amatore

Stockholm
    Congratulations on the car mate!!! She does look hot.
    I couldn't help noticing that the colors of the alloys is a lot darker than usual. Is it my eyes or FIAT has changed the color?
  7. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Yes the FIAT has changed the color after APR 2013. It is the new gun metal alloy comes with the current version. Hope I am correct :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Red Hot..Awesome colour on Punto..Congrats mate for doing PDI..wen is delivery?
  9. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Nadeem, Monday is the delivery date and all is going well so far.

Going through the sleepless nights !
  10. turboKarthik

turboKarthik Timido

Bangalore
    Good luck on the purchase of the Red Punto. Wishing you many happy miles and smiles with the mini Maserati.

I beg to differ with some of the posts offering advice on avoiding 3M just because of the prices of paint sealant treatments :eek:. I'm assuming the owners have no experience with dark solid colors when they make such generalized statements saying the treatment is just a waste of money. Most detailers, 3M and other private guys charge more or less similar amounts for paint sealant treatments. I visit 3M store for all my washes (because I cannot wash at home for lack of portico space) and for my paint sealant treatments. Both of my cars are solid colors and so-called nightmares to maintain. One is Exotica Red and another is Hip Hop Black. The Paint sealant has easily lasted a year for my T-Jet with decent maintenance. None of the maintenance is mine, mind you. All credit goes to the store. The gloss effect of the paint sealant is most visible on solid colors and dark colors, and is less visible on white, silver, gold and such neutral shades.

The Paint sealant treatment offers protection against weathering elements and makes your paint look fresh for longer. It is not a protective film against scratches, unlike the popular opinion. It is only going to protect against the weathering elements. You can google the term to learn more about it, but it is not a hoax procedure (or money swindling exercise) to write-off or dismiss in 1 line. There's a reason it is popular with detailing freaks. Of course, after getting it done, you'll have to maintain the surface by not employing the regular cleaner boys, and using only microfibre cloth. The shine will last long and strong, and the swirl marks will be hidden for longer than usual. Attaching some of my cars' pictures/videos to show the effect of 3M's detailing efforts.

First up, the black T-Jet, 2 years, 3 months old

DSC_0818.jpg DSC_0285_6_4_tonemapped.jpg DSC_0072.jpg DSC_0819.jpg DSC_0937.jpg DSC_0429.jpg

3M detailing - YouTube

Here with go with some even scarier gloss on the Red Punto, same color as your car. 10 months old.
    DSC_0946.jpg DSC_0943.jpg DSC_0941.jpg DSC_0939.jpg DSC_0218.jpg IMG_1216.jpg DSC_0200.jpg DSC_0947.jpg

If people are willing to go to professional extents to achieve this kind of finish at home, well, all I can say is good luck! ;) I neither have the time and equipment nor the patience to get this kind of result on my own. I would rather have the professionals do it for me for a small sum of money, and there is nothing wrong with that. Go the DIY way, or the 3M way. Both are good, but the latter is the path of least resistance (effort). Choice is yours.
    6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.