1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Took a PDI of my ER punto at Ramkay

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by RedPoint, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Guys,

All these days I was in to my introduction thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/10539-new-member-joining-chennai-hello-tfi.html all these days and now moving to the next step. Yes, I have completed my PDI at Ramkay.

Found few minor observations and it was promised they can fix those issues during delivery

Observations:
    1. Glove box is stuck while opening.
    2. Loose AC vent knob at the passenger side.
    3. A rubber bush which holds the parcel tray have came off.
    4. There were few stains here and there in the interiors.
    5. Felt boot lid is bit loose and shaky. Have asked them to have a look at that too.

Ramkay SA Mr. Anand did a good job. He was patient until we finish our PDI. He was also suggested few things during the PDI.
    After the PDI we have a general talk with the sales manager after congratulating them for the 2nd position on sales all over india.

Here few of the snaps I took in between the PDI

DSC05887.jpg
    DSC05887.jpg
    DSC05891.jpg
    DSC05893.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Oh yeah!

Punto never fails to make me go weak in the knees ::T
    5 people like this.
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Perfect Mr. Moderator. It makes me drool as well :)
    @RedPoint: Check your PM.
  4. Super hot car,please avoid any polish offered by dealer.
  5. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    Thank u for the suggestion Sat-Chit-ananda, I may go to 3M for such things.

I am not sure if I need to go for the Anti rust/under body treatment. I am thinking need to get some advice from you guys.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Underbody is already treated, paint is fresh. You need not visit 3M unless you want sunfilm.

This is coming from a guy who had done 3M paint sealant (so called) for both cars.
    2 people like this.
  7. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    From ur tone, I assume that I need to stay away from the paint sealant and polishing at this point of time.
    Yes, I need go for sun-film definitely.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I think you got that right. 3M outlets in India are a rip-off. They are priced the same way KFC and Dominos are priced, actually worse. If you earn a lot of money and can afford to throw it away, go for it. Please look up Relativity's (a fellow TFIan) detailing posts, especially the pictures. I will take my words back if you can find a picture of a car treated by 3M that looks better than his, in this forum.

Not sure what the scene is in Chennai, or anywhere in India for that matter, but sun control films are illegal and you are running a risk of getting pulled over. Think about it before getting them done in your car.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, instead wash, wax and maintain the car yourself bi-weekly.

Sun-films? I guess you are looking for just heat rejection and not privacy. In that case, go for RE70. Would cost within 4k for the sides. Refrain from filming the rear wind screen. It doesn't let much greenhouse in anyway. And you can save the defogger.
  10. Anti rust treatment is not at all required for fiat cars(new), maybe after two years you can do it..
    And for 3m paint sealant I think after 5-6 months of your ownership,if you want to retain the glossy look and if you dont find much time to take care of your car then this is a must..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.