1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Too Late For T-Jet ??

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Parantap Chatterjee, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Alex Rahul

Alex Rahul

can you let me know more details ?
    has any purchased t-jet directly from Plant ?
    your help is appreciated !
  2. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Alex, you can't buy directly from plant; you have to go through a dealer.
    Here is what you can do for 2010 models. A through PDI is essential. As listed out here http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-downloads/2058-fiat-specific-pdi-v3-0-new-format.html

1) Where are you located? If you have someone in Pune, you can organize along with the Fiat territorial office to have the car inspected on your behalf in Pune. Even if you manage to do it, do a PDI yourself before delivery. This is essential.

2) If you can't do #1, then make it clear to the dealer that you will take delivery only if you are satisfied with the PDI. If you find any defects, you will not take delivery of the car. Put in in writing by e-mail and make sure you get a reply. In case you don't take delivery, then you might have to pay a small cancellation amount (~2500).

From what I have been reading about, the condition should be okay. I was very apprehensive of the condition when I did my PDI, but was surprised to find it spick-and-span.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Update - Got my loan approved from HDFC bank. Next I plan to visit the dealer and bargain for extra discounts on the TJet lying with them and do a thorough inspection. Will also ask him how they ended up with the car in their yard in the first place. If they offer reasonable discounts (over and above the gift cheque and exchange bonus) and if I am satisfied with the condition of the car then will probably book it. Else I will approach other dealers and try and get a TJet from the plant in Pune ..
    3 people like this.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Hooked and Booked

Have booked a Tuscan Wine TJet Plus at Triumph Auto , Faridabad. As I had mentioned earlier it is a March '11 model which the dealer had in stock. It was used as a display vehicle (not test drive) and has 100 H on the odo. Inspections revealed very fine scratches on one side which should be taken care of by rubbing/polishing. No rust was found :) and interiors seemed in mint condition. Now awaiting loan disbursal , registration and delivery.

Question : The HDFC person mentioned that the on completion of all documentation , the payment is made directly to the dealer by the bank. Is there a way I can get a DD from the bank for the payment and hand it over to the dealer personally ? Just to ensure that all the scratches etc. are taken care of before the car is invoiced/registered.

Observations : The clutch pedal seems to have a lot of travel , even with my size 12 shoes!!. Did not notice it on the first TD when I was wearing boots , but it was noticeable today while driving with floaters on. In particular , I had a hard time pivoting my foot with the heel planted on the floor...
    1 person likes this.
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Congrats!! What was the on-road-price?
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    OTR was around 7.2
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Just saw in team bhp classified,a Tjet is available in Visakhapatnam with a dealer.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Fantastic price man. Congrats. Enjoy your Jet

9 L ??? Looks like the plus variant - alloys and leather. But 9 L is too much. Hope he finds a buyer.

Rajan
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks :) Waiting for the completion of disbursal/registration formalities.

Can any of you throw some light on my question please ..
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Usually the bank pays the dealer directly. Haven't you held back any token money to be paid when taking delivery? You can instruct the bank to hold the DD till you give the go ahead and insist that the dealer fix the scratches before the DD is released.

Remember - The bank is giving you a loan, so they can earn money by way of interest and the dealer is selling you the car, so he can make a profit. You are the customer, who is the purpose of their existence and never let them dictate terms to you. You are the one that is paying and you should be the one that calls the shots, though the bankers and car dealers try really hard to convince you otherwise. :D

All FIAT cars do have an extra long clutch pedal travel. It is just a matter of getting used to it. Good luck using the dead pedal with size 12 shoes, though :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012