1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Toll Free roads likely in Maharashtra for cars and SUVs

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ghodlur, Mar 18, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Finally some new which will bring a smile on every one's face.

Yes you read the heading right. It is very likely that the cars and SUVs will be exempt from paying tolls in Maharashtra. This initiative is in lines with the present government's poll promise of making Maharashtra a toll free state. The con side of it is heavy duty vehicles will not be exempt from paying toll making the daily essential commodities more dearer as an additional levy is being planned in the offing to offset the reduced income from cars and SUVs.

There are 91 toll collections across the state with 23 handles by PWD and majority rest by MSRDC which includes the Bandra Worli Sea link, Pune Expressway etc. MSRDC has strongly objected to this move. Its a wait n watch as of now.

The best part would be if the above gets implemented the entry points for Mumbai, Navi Mumbai & Thane would be toll free and this will be a big relief to the these cities.

More details in the link:
    http://indianexpress.com/article/cit...n-maharashtra/

Mods; Searched the forum for related, but couldnt not find. Kindly merge if such a thread exists.
  2. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ ghodlur

As per the upates from BMC officer not all the toll tax will be Let off.

Tolls who are charging price range from 10 - 25Rs that will be shutdown rest all will be infunction :(.

Still talks are going on... hope for the best.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    So some good news for motorists. The maharashtra state govt has scrapped a total of 12 tolls and scrapped toll for light motor vehicles & state transport vehicles at 53 tolls. This comes into effect from June 1, reasons for two month implementation delay is best known to out political leaders. Unfortunately the high income ones such as MEPL and Pune E-way tolls will continue to stay until some alternate solutions are thought of by July 31. I am looking forward to a day when the toll on the LBS road on Mulund is abolished totally as the road doesn't even deserve a single paise of toll.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/maharashtra-gives-toll-relief-to-light-vehicles-753854
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Today morning while coming to Pune from mumbai, didnt paid the toll for sion-panvel expressway. Seems, its waived off as mentioned by @ghodlur and other members. :D
    I paid here when i went mumbai on 30th.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Abhishek,
    Are the toll booths still in place? Would there be any need for it now that the tolls are waived off? The structure will be a major blockage in the otherwise smooth road.

The actual rejoicing will be only when the MEPL are removed.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yups, the booths are still there.
    Pardon my igorance Girish, but MEPL? :bookworm:
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This should happen first on NH4,the worst of the worst Pune-Satara Stretch which includes two tolls.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The toll for Sion-Panvel was not collected from me on 19 Sep 2014, when I was returning from HP to Bangalore.

VapiBangaloreToll.jpg
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Because, Sir, at that time, though almost ready, it wasnt officially inaugurated. I am a regular on this road and as far as i remember I didnt paid toll till September end on this road. :)
    J Ravi likes this.